Why will God the Father not be the Judge at the Great White Throne Judgement? God appointed Jesus as the Judge,
‘Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son…’ John 5:22
Jesus is perfectly qualified to ensure that the Judgement will be fair. Isn’t it marvelous that nobody will be able to complain about an inferior Judge because He is God, the Son of God the Father. After Jesus’ Death and Resurrection,
‘…God… exalted [Jesus] to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above every name, that at the Name of Jesus every knee should bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.’ Philippians 2:9-11
Incidentally, we believe that it is at the Judgment where all the above will bow before Him – His followers because of love, awe, respect and thanks for their salvation; the unbelievers because they will finally see Jesus of Nazareth, the One they spat upon, ridiculed and cursed. Then He will be on the Throne in all His glory. It will be an awesome sight – enough to make every one fall down and confess He is truly the Lord.
No one at the Judgement will be able to object that God, the Judge, does not know how difficult life on earth was for them. People experience bad conditions, oppression, setbacks, tears, pain, and all that. Well, Jesus experienced it all. He chose and planned His humble life on earth to include what people would experience. For example,
- His mother became pregnant ‘outside’ marriage.
- His parents had to lookout for the traps of Herod, who wanted Jesus killed. The angel warned Joseph to flee to Egypt.
- He lived the humble life of a carpenter in an obviously not wealthy house until He was 30.
- He experienced life under the Romans and the hostile religious community,
- He experienced rejection by His family, His nation, the religious rulers, the Roman rulers and finally by His beloved Father.
- He suffered brutal physical wounds before He died of a broken heart.
Nobody will accuse Jesus that He does not know what it is like to live life as a human being. God is absolutely brilliant to stop any criticism of Jesus as Judge.