Exchanging the Creator God for the big bang leads to multiple problems. It is like a cascading row of dominoes. The Bible falls book for book, and eventually nothing remains. The purpose for our existence becomes a crisis, because mankind asks questions:
Mankind’s three big questions
- Where do I come from?
- Why am I here?
- Where am I going?
The Bible’s answers
Only God, who created man specifically in His image, for a certain place in His Kingdom, gives satisfying answers to those questions:
- We are here because God created us in His image.
- God put us in this ‘provisional,’ or first creation, so that we can choose if we want to be part of His grand design, the eternal Kingdom, or not.
- Those who agree to go God’s way, will live eternally with Him on the new heaven and earth.
God’s plan and answers is that there is an important purpose to this temporary life.
The big bang’s answers
People who believe in the big bang, have to accept:
- Stardust made man, who is just a lucky accident.
- There is no purpose for existence, except to live and die.
- The end is a grave and compost.
That is the ‘exhilarating, uplifting, inspiring’ message of the big bang. No wonder many believe it. It enables them to do whatever they want without eternal consequences (they think).
God specifically crafted each of us (Psalm 139:13,14; Isaiah 44:2, 46:3), because He preplanned us for a place among His people. Don’t let yourself be robbed of the purpose of life and the hope of eternal life with God. The big bang does not give hope and a future.