If there is one thing most people are aware of, it is the big bang. It expanded or exploded and eventually resulted in the earth with lots of life on it. It is supposed to be a true, verified scientific fact. If you question it, you are against science and progress. God’s version of creation is different. We want to discuss some differences and see what real science tells us about it all.
# People scoff at the Bible’s account of origins.
- The New Testament verse, 2 Peter 3:5, sheds light on the creation of the earth, ‘…they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed, and the earth was formed out of water by water.’ God created the earth first in a ‘strange’ watery way out of water and by water.
- Genesis 1:2 supports it, ‘…and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.’
- Is it so strange that our planet was created in water and out of water? There is water wherever you look on the planet: oceans, rivers and clouds. Even the bodies of plants, animals and people contain large percentages of water. And… so far, it seems as if earth is the only planet with such an abundance of water.
# The contrast between the two creation accounts.
- The Bible’s cool watery creation of the earth is in direct contradiction to the ‘science’ of our day that ‘proved’ that it all began in an extremely hot fiery explosion. ‘The earth is formed out of debris around the solar protoplanetary disc. There is no life. Temperatures are extremely hot, with frequent volcanic activity and hellish environments. The atmosphere is nebular. Possible early oceans or bodies of liquid water.’ 1
- God first created the earth and later the sun, moon and stars. That is contrary to the big bang idea of the universe first and later the earth.
- The Bible also tells us that a Person created with a plan and a purpose. ‘By wisdom the Lord laid the earth’s foundations, by understanding He set the heavens in place; by His knowledge the deeps were divided, and the clouds let drop dew.’ 2 The world’s version is that it all happened by chance without intelligence, plan or reason involved.
God says He created the earth out of water and by water. If we look at our planet, we are impressed by the amounts of water on earth and how important it is to maintain life. It might just be that the Bible is not as unscientific as the world outside wants us to believe.
- History of the Earth, Wikipedia
- Proverbs 3:19-20
God reveals Himself in the Bible as Creator. In this blog we want to discuss the remarkable logic of God’s 3 creation events.
# The first creation event, Genesis 1
- The first creation is a ‘prototype’ (a preliminary stage or event) that God spoke into existence in six days. It is the natural universe we live in, but God warns that it is temporary. It exists only to give each person time to accept or reject God’s invitation to be part of His Family.
- 2 Peter 3:10-13 explains the demise of this present universe. ‘[T]he day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare…. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat….’
# The second creation event, the Cross
- On the cross Jesus paid the penalty for sin. Those who accept it, become part of God’s Family, the Bride of Christ. Jesus is the Bridegroom.1 We read, ‘The bride belongs to the bridegroom’ 2 (to differentiate, we use capital letters: Jesus, the Bridegroom and the Bride of Christ).
- We see an analogy to this when God created a bride, Eve, for the bridegroom Adam. Just as Eve was created out of Adam’s side, the Bride was ‘created’ out of Jesus’ pierced side.
# The third creation event, Revelation 21:1
After God’s big bang [the massive fire which will destroy the present heavens and earth], He creates a new heaven and earth:
- ‘Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.’ 3
- ‘Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth.’ 4
- ‘…the new heavens and the new earth that I will make…’ 5
The final act
- Finally the great wedding will come, ‘Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give Him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and His Bride has made herself ready….’ 6
- The Family: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, the Bride and the holy angels will all live together on the new earth.
- Everything will be bright and shining in the glorious light of the Lord. Eternally!
The Bible is a ’Creation’ book. Our Creator God created the first heaven and earth. Then He ‘created’ the Cross which led to the creation of the Bride, the Church. Then comes the creation of the new heaven and earth where the redeemed, the Bride of Christ, will live eternally with the Bridegroom.
- Matthew 9:15
- John 3:29
- Revelation 21:1
- Isaiah 65:17a
- Isaiah 66:22a
- Revelation 19:6-7
The Bible is an absolutely amazing and unique book. It reveals God’s will and the existence of His enemy who rules the world.1 He opposes everything that God stands for and influences some people to do the same. Since Scripture is about reality, not religion, we should see evidence of the war against the Bible in the real world around us. Let’s look at some examples.
- Genesis 1 and Exodus 20:11 state very clearly that God created the heavens and the earth in six twenty-four hour days.
- It is no revelation that our society opposes supernatural creation in every way. In schools, at universities, in TV programs like BBC Earth and National Geographic, the message is, ‘Everything evolved over billions of years.’ The evidence is meagre and the scientific value is zero, yet people believe it. The law even protects evolution in general. Why is it so important?
- It dethrones God as Creator and humans made in His image, and closes the way to the eternal Kingdom of God since people accept that the Bible is a fairy tale.
# The big bang
As part of the evolutionary fairy tale, the big bang is about inflation, the multiverse, dark matter and dark energy – there is no scientific evidence, yet it is said to be science. Science is about repeated experiments, which cannot be done in the case of cosmology.
What about the massive fight against ‘normal’ marriage between a man and a woman? A man may marry a man, a woman a woman and transgender issues are fine. Everything seems acceptable, except the normal marriage – it is discriminatory and unhealthy. PS! Weren’t those who fight for same sex marriages and other variations born out of a man/woman union?
Included in the fight against Biblical marriage is the right to abort (kill) babies. God abhors it, but today one can almost be jailed for saying that.
- There are many web sites, organisations, books and pamphlets that oppose, blaspheme and ridicule God, Jesus and the Bible. They fuel hatred against Christians and Christianity.
- They cannot leave the Bible alone, because the enemy of God, the devil, influences them. He has reason to hate Jesus, because he lost his place in the future new earth through his rebellion.
- The hostile media hate and revile people like Ken Ham with the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter project. Why? If somebody builds a fairy tale museum, there is no opposition.
Many theologians are ‘traitors.’ They infiltrate the Church and do their best to teach that the Bible is a book you can only believe partially because it is really the work of man, not of God.
These are some examples of the war against God. A real enemy proves there is a real God. There is a mastermind who keeps the war against God going. When you encounter these war efforts, even directed at you, rejoice. The real enemy proves that God, the King, is real. This should encourage all followers of Jesus.
1. 1 John 5:19b