Recently we read about an ice cream in Canada called ‘Sweet Jesus Ice cream.’ 1
- The ’t’ of ‘sweet’ is an inverted cross.
- The ’s’ of Jesus is the sign of an ‘SS style “S” that was popular among Satanic metal bands of the ’70s and ’80s.
# Some of their promotional slogans
- ‘Everyone has a cross to bear. Yours won’t be hunger.’
- ‘Eat like its your Last Supper.’
- ‘Thou shalt not take the Lord’s name in vain, but God Damn that’s delicious.’
- ‘Love is patient, love is kind, but you can’t lickit. So who cares?’
# They are a good advertisement that Jesus is real.
Nobody mocks a non-entity, a fiction or a fable. They do what the Bible says:
- Jesus will be mocked. He was mocked at the Cross, “Then they spat in His face and struck Him with their fists. Others slapped Him and said, ‘Prophecy to us, Christ. Who hit you?’” 2
- Jesus is the Victor over Satan, ‘And having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the Cross.’ 3 Although the evil one is still in control of this world,4 he still smarts over his defeat at the cross. So he will not let go of any opportunity to mock Jesus and ‘spit’ at him.
- There are only two groups of people in this world: filled with the Spirit of God or with the spirit of the world. ‘We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God.…’ 5 We should expect those without the Spirit of God to mock Jesus.
# What the owners of this specific ice cream business reveal:
- They belong to the kingdom of darkness. They don’t have ‘Sweet Muhammed,’ ‘Sweet Krishna’ or ‘Sweet Zeus’ ice cream. No, only ‘Sweet Jesus.’ Why?
- Jesus matters. Jesus is alive and sits at the right hand of the Father. He is the One who bought His Bride on the Cross when He gave His life. None of the other gods did it. The devil hates it that Jesus robs him of his followers that he keeps in bondage.
# The future of the ice cream business owners
We can only pray that they will come to repentance before they leave this world. Otherwise they will have an eternity to chant, ‘Sweet Satan, why did you deceive us? Must we bear this cross eternally [with Satan in the lake of burning sulphur]?’ 6 Satan will not be able to answer them because he himself will be tortured day and night for ever. 7
What does ‘Sweet Jesus ice cream’ teach? Jesus is real. They prove it when they mock Him. It is a wonderful example of how the devil demonstrates what a thorn in his flesh Jesus is. Satan hates Jesus, but we love Him. He is our Saviour, the wonderful, magnificent Messiah of love.
- Google, Sweet Jesus ice cream
- Matthew 26:67
- Colossians 2:15
- 1 John 5:19b
- 1 Corinthians 2:12
- Matthew 25:41
- Revelation 20:10
The world we live in today generally hates God. It promotes material success, to live for yourself, do whatever pleases you and that you can disregard the Bible because it is full of mistakes.
Yet truth and reality as Jesus revealed it, includes the invisible world and life after death. 2 Corinthians 4:18b says, ‘…what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.’ In this blog we want to show that we don’t need to believe the devil’s lies about God and Scripture.
# God has an enemy.
- Most leaders, kings, presidents and prime ministers throughout history had enemies who tried to topple them and foment unrest.
- God’s enemy is the devil, Satan, that ancient serpent that leads people astray with lies about the Bible, God and His eternal Kingdom. 1
# Scripture reveals Satan’s character.
- Cain was the first human being who belonged to the devil. He refused to listen to God, murdered his brother and went out from the presence of God. 2
- ‘Satan rose up against Israel and incited David….’ 3
- ‘For we wanted to come to you – certainly I, Paul, did, again and again – but Satan stopped us.’ 4
- ‘Those who oppose him [the teacher of the truth] he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil [Satan], who has taken them captive to do his will.’ 5
# Satan’s deceptions in the world
- The devil has mounted a massive propaganda offensive to keep people away from the truth and convince them that God is an illusion.
- He promotes other ‘gods’ like aliens and UFO’s, the church of the Jedi, Zen, alternative ‘spiritualities,’ witchcraft, or whatever.
- He presents an alternative creation account to Genesis 1. It is the ‘creation account’ of the world. It explains that all things came from nothing and go to nothing. Therefore there is nothing to live for since there is nothing after death. What a massive lie!
- The devil encourages the activity of atheists and other groups or organisations to hate a God they have never seen.
What we see in the world shows us that there is an invisible spirit who lies about God and Scripture. People on their own cannot keep a war against the unseen God going for ages. The world shows us what the Bible tells us, ‘As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.’ 6 The many ‘strange’ ideologies that people embrace should strengthen our faith that the Lord and His Revelation, the wonderful Bible, is truth.
- Revelation 12:9
- Genesis 4;1-16; 1 John 3:12
- 1 Chronicles 21:1
- 1 Thessalonians 2:18
- 2 Timothy 2:25-26
- Ephesians 2:1-2
‘Elementary, my dear Watson.’ It was supposedly what Sherlock Holmes said to Watson on how to solve a case. We want to use some of that ‘elementary’ logic to solve the issue of eternal life. Is there, or is there not life after death? Holmes might have explained it to Watson as follows:
# 1 John 5:19b tells us, ‘the whole world is under the control of the evil one.’
- Logically that means he controls the media, advertising, amusements, education, economy, sciences and others. He uses the media, schools, universities, newspapers, theological seminaries, or whatever he can muster to spread his hatred against humanity.
- Since he hates God he uses all avenues at his disposal to foster enmity against the Word of God and God. It happens through the so-called ‘science’ of evolution, teaching institutes, schools, museums, or organisations like National Geographic. They spread the message that the Bible is wrong, for example, in creation in six days, marriage between a man and a woman, preparation for eternal life, man specially created in God’s likeness and not related to apes, the earth a special planet with a special star, the sun.
- He influences thousands of individuals, organisations, media empires and governments to disseminate his antagonism against the Bible, like:
- The Freedom From Religion Foundation, Americans United and many others that are likeminded.
- The National Centre for Science Education, BioLogos, et cetera.
- Theologians at seminaries who do not accept the 66 books of the Bible as God’s Holy Spirit inspired message.
- Individuals like Richard Dawkins who hate God and spend their lives to fight against God and the Bible. There are hundreds of thousands of his clones around the world.
# Why are people offended by the Bible?
- The Bible is an old book. It does not teach subversion against states or condone murder. It warns about the dangers of stealing, adultery, addictions, et cetera. The Bible does not tell its followers to plant bombs, incite violence against minorities, or plan coups against countries.
- Anybody who claims to be a believer in the Bible poses no threat for society or governments. Why isn’t a Bible believer just like the person who believes in UFO’s, in the power of the Jedi, the Church of the Unchurched, or whatever he wants to believe in? Why are so many upset if someone believes in the Bible?
- Why can’t you believe what you want? Off course you can. You can believe in Zeus, or whatever and whoever for that matter, as long as you don’t believe in the Bible or want to tell other people about it.
# The problem is, the Bible is clear about the reality of eternal life.
- The coming life has two destinations, one with God and one with God.’s enemy, the devil. This life is where you choose your eternal destination. Choose now! That is the choice the devil hates, since he knows the person who does not choose Jesus now will suffer eternally with him in hell. He likes that.
- If it was not for this message about eternal life after death, there would be no controversy around the Bible. If Scripture was only about this life, people would ignore it.
‘Elementary, my dear Watson.’ That is the reason for all the attacks against an old, ‘harmless’ book, with a powerful message that will transform the lives of those who believe it. Such a belief leads to eternal life with the Lord God Almighty, His Son, and the Holy Spirit. That is what the devil proves with his unwarranted attacks on the Bible.