According to a Newsbeat article from BBC, the $100 million project to search for aliens is yet to find anything. 1 It is a ten year project. According to the article, Professor Stephen Hawking said, ‘Somewhere in the cosmos, perhaps, intelligent life may be watching these lights of ours.’
# Can aliens exist?
The Bible explains that all life was created. According to Colossians 1:16 Jesus is the Creator, ‘For by Him all things were created; things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or authorities; all things were created by Him and for Him.’ The passage mentions ‘Him’ [Jesus] three times to clearly establish Him as the Creator.
# Jesus did create invisible beings.
We know there are angels. They are normally invisible, but many people in the Bible saw them and they played an important role in the history of Israel. Some of them rebelled against God and they are the devil and his demonic kingdom. 2 Aliens are not regarded as angels. Till now they are just science fiction characters. So Jesus did not create aliens.
# The Bible does not mention aliens.
If aliens are real, why does the Holy Spirit, who knows all God’s doings, not mention them in Scripture? As proved by all the searches, aliens do not exist. They only exist in the minds of people who desperately want them to be real. The idea comes from the ruler of this world, the devil who controls the whole world. 3 He tries to convince people that there are aliens. Then the Bible is not true, God is not the Creator, and Jesus’ work on the cross was unnecessary.
# Why waste billions searching for aliens?
The devil inspires the unbelieving world to spend billions on the search for aliens. The reason is, that as long as people hope there might be aliens, special creation is a myth. The search is for advanced aliens who seeded life on earth, and there could be many planets where life might have evolved. Therefore there is no reason to take note of the Bible and prepare for eternal life.
The devil dearly loves his agenda of aliens. Unfortunately it will cause people who believe his lies, to miss God’s eternal Kingdom.
- http:www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39665928/a-100m-project-to-search-for-aliens-is-yet-to-find-anything, 2017/06/11
- Revelation 12:9
- 1 John 5:19b
One of the things that the enemies of the Bible joke about is the talking serpent in Genesis 3, “Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman [Eve], ‘Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” 1 How can people believe in a talking serpent?
# The serpent that talks.
Since when do serpents ask questions about what God said? This should alert us to the ‘strange’ character of the serpent. The irony is that since that time, this specific ‘serpent’ has asked the same question in a million different ways, adapted to each individual. Examples of his different questions:
- Is the Bible the truth?
- Is the Bible not just the work of men, not of God?
- Who chose the different books of the Bible?
- Why not believe the Gospel of Thomas?
- Why must Jesus forgive my sins? I am a good, moral man.
- Who says heaven is only for ‘Christians?’ It is for all people.
- Creation by God is nonsense. Why not believe science that tells us it all evolved?
- Zeus is a myth, just like God. Why not worship Zeus?
# The serpent that doesn’t die.
- For the last 6,000 years the serpent has talked and asked questions. It must be a remarkable serpent (snake) to live such a long time. All the questions have to do with what God said in His Word, the 66 books of the Bible. While in Genesis 3:1 the ‘serpent’ talked through a serpent, now he talks through people.
- 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 says, ‘…I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you have accepted, you put up with it easily enough.’
- People who are not loyal to Jesus ask the same kind of questions that the snake originally asked Eve, ‘Did God really say…?’ The ‘serpent’ never saw the need to change his strategy to question God’s Word.
# The serpent’s identity
The Old and the New Testaments together explain what is behind it all. Revelation 12:9 is very clear, ‘The great dragon was hurled down – that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray.’ The talking serpent is the devil who has one intent only, to lead people astray concerning the most important issue of all times: God’s powerful Word that leads to eternal life.
The Old and New Testaments together give us a complete picture of God’s plan for man.
1. Genesis 3:1
At the last judgment, when all people will appear before the Judgment Seat, no person will be able to shift the blame. Even if they appeal to God that the devil deceived them, they will still be responsible. Everyone will individually give an account to God for what they did while alive.
The most decisive event in the history of the world happened in the garden of Eden. It shaped the world we live in. The devil, that ancient serpent or Satan who leads the whole world astray,1 convinced Adam and Eve to disobey God. When God confronted them, Adam shifted the blame to Eve and Eve to the serpent.
# How did God handle it?
He accepted Adam and Eve’s blame shifting, but held them responsible for their disobedience. When it came to the serpent, God condemned him to slither on his belly and eat dust. Yet He did not expressly address the personality behind the actions of the serpent, the devil.
# Why did God flatly ignore him?
The devil had already been judged. He was in heaven as one of God’s created angels. He saw God in His glory, served Him and yet rebelled. The serpent is beyond salvation. At the end of this age he will be thrown in hell and spend eternity there.
# God gave His attention to Adam and Eve.
They were made in His image. People had the potential to become His children, part of His Kingdom and part of the Bride of His Son, Jesus. Therefore God clothed Adam and Eve in animal skins, signifying their sins are forgiven. It is humans who will again enter Eden when Jesus, the Lamb of God, opens the way.
# What do we learn from Genesis 3?
- God holds people responsible even if they try to shift the blame. We have a free will. We can decide if we want to follow God, the King of the Kingdom of Light. When we reject Him we remain in Satan’s kingdom of darkness.
- At the last judgment, when all people will appear before the Judgment Seat, no person will be able to shift the blame. Even if they appeal to God that the devil deceived them, they will still be responsible. Everyone will individually give an account to God for what they did while alive.
The Holy Spirit prepares all people who chose to follow Jesus, for the glorious coming eternal life with God. The devil walks around like a roaring lion seeking who he can devour. However, God equipped us with the necessary weapons and armor to withstand the devil’s wiles. When we are in God’s glorious presence, the devil will be something of the past.
Note: Scripture says, ‘…man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment….’ 2 Does it mean followers of Jesus will be judged? Weren’t our sins annulled? I believe we will be at the judgement as a testimony to Jesus’ wonderful sacrificial death on our behalf; to demonstrate to unbelievers how the grace of Jesus transformed people’s lives.
- Revelation 9:12
- Hebrews 9:27