They love to tell us that the God of the Bible is as much of a myth as Zeus, Superman and Mickey Mouse. Do those characters have an ancient history book like the Bible that describes their acts over more than a thousand years? Take for example that,
- God created man and animals, but not in the same way. When He created animals, “…God said, ‘Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds….'” 1
- When God created man, ‘…the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life.’ 2
- The difference is obvious. It is only into man that He breathed the breath of life. So man was made completely different from animals. The breath of God gave man a spirit and he became a living soul (mind, emotion and will).
- Do animals have a mind? Not at all. Does the chimp have one, since they are supposedly 99% identical to humans in their genetic make-up? Even children can see the difference as they marvel at why chimps don’t have to go to school, cannot draw pictures, write stories, or create technological marvels.
- The Bible describes an important function of the soul, ‘Love the Lord with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 3 Animals don’t do that, since they have no sense of Almighty God who is to be loved and cherished.
Is our descent from ape-like ancestors a fact?
- If there was any evidence that we evolved from ape-like ancestors, we would not have a mind. Evolution is a material process, so it cannot ‘produce’ a spiritual, invisible, but real thing like the mind. The ‘evolution’ of the mind, an immaterial ‘thing,’ cannot happen according to the idea of evolution.
- How a mind can evolve remains a mystery to evolutionists, unless they want to deny that people have minds. They are welcome to do that, but the dilemma is that a person needs a mind to decide people do not have minds.
- The evolution of man remains a mystery, as all aspects of evolution do.
- An interesting article for the BBC is titled – We still have not found the missing link between us and apes.4 Logically if the link hasn’t been found, then the evolution of man from ape-like creatures is a myth.
If God is like Superman, Mickey and Zeus, is there evidence that they are Spirit and Creator like God?
- The Bible tells us, ‘God is spirit, and His worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth.’ 5
- God’s Word is reliable and trustworthy when it explains how special God created people, ‘Let us make man in our own image, in our likeness.…’ 6
- Genesis 1:24
- Genesis 2:7
- Mark 12:30
- The Human-Ape Missing Link, Evolution News/@DiscoveryCSC, July 18, 2017
- John 4:24
- Genesis 1:26
There is a massive ‘industry’ to defend Darwinian evolution, even from inside the Church. Despite the fact that there is no solid scientific proof for Darwinian evolution, some ‘Christians’ still insist it is true. The problem is, one has to be consistent in the exegesis of Scripture. Let us look at two very specific verses, Romans 1:20 and Ephesians 2:10.
# Romans 1:20
- ‘For since the creation of the the world God’s invisible qualities – His eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without any excuse.’
- The word used is ‘workmanship’ or ‘handiwork.’ Creation is the handiwork of God. This specific word ‘handiwork’ is found only in one other place in the New Testament, in Ephesians 2:10.
# Ephesians 2:10
‘For we are God’s workmanship [handiwork], created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.’ That means the ‘creation’ of new creatures in Jesus, is also the handiwork of God.
# God created two separate ‘things’
- God created the universe through Jesus ‘…and through whom [Jesus] He [God] made the universe….’ 1
- God also created His children to be new ‘creations’ in Christ Jesus, ‘…if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!’ 2
# Romans 1:20 and Ephesians 2:10 are related.
Because the New Testament uses ‘handiwork’ or ‘workmanship’ only in these two verses, there is a relationship between them. Both testify to God’s creative ability. The one is physical and visible, the other one spiritual and invisible. Yet both are real: they demonstrate God’s, ‘eternal power and divine nature.’
# They stand or fall together.
If six day creation is not the handiwork of God, why would the creation of new people in Christ be? This is an example of the ‘domino’ principle in Scripture. When you lose faith in one verse or principle, your faith in the rest of the Bible starts to topple.
Both Ephesians 2:10 and Romans 1:20 are true. God created the universe in six days to be our temporal home. He will renew it to be the eternal home of people who were renewed in their inner being. All this is due to God’s power!
- Hebrews 1:2
- 2 Corinthians 5:17
A person who denies Genesis 1 has to prove how complex living machines evolved.
If we listen to evolutionary propaganda, it is clear that they scoff at anyone who dares to believe living things were created in twenty-four hour days. Those bright scoffers cannot understand how people can believe the Bible’s ‘nonsense.’ Well, here is a challenge to those who scoff at the Genesis 1 account.
# All living things have a tiny motor in their cells.
- Plants, birds, fish, reptiles, land animals and humans (created on day 3,5,6 of the creation week) are dependent on the ATP synthase motor in each cell of the body.1,2,3 So every organism has millions of these tiny motors. They are the energy generators of the body and life depends on them.
- If these machines shut down, death ensues very quickly. This was proved in the Second World War when a poison was used to kill people. That poison shut down the production of ATP, and death ensued very quickly.
# The ATP synthase motor
See sketch to understand that it is a real motor.
- You die within an hour when the ATP motor shuts down. Then it had to be designed and built in a very short time for life to exist at all.
- The whole cell functions as a unit. No-one can claim that simple cells evolved first and then later the ATP synthase motor evolved quickly to bring life to the cells.
- If life evolved over millions of years, how and when did the ATP ‘machine’ in the intricately designed factory (the cell) evolve? Nobody has ever answered that.
- We know from present day experience that intricate machines like cell phones or computers don’t evolve on their own. They are designed and created by some-one who had a goal in mind and the intelligence to put it all together.
- Time and chance have never created an intricate motor. Evolutionists imply the ATP synthase motor evolved naturally over millions of years, but they can never prove it scientifically.
# To complicate matters, what about the DNA?
- DNA is necessary for the ‘construction’ and function of the ATP synthase motor. It is another tricky issue how the DNA in each cell evolved slowly on its own?
- DNA is a string of letters that make up the recipe of each life form. To put the DNA letters in a meaningful string so that they send a message to construct an organism, requires someone with purpose and intelligence. 4
- We can compare the genetic ‘letters’ to the letters of the alphabet. They don’t form meaningful sentences and write a novel, spy thriller, or scientific journal on their own. Someone has to plan, design and organize the letters into a meaningful message.
A person who denies Genesis 1 has to prove how complexity evolved. Saying ‘it evolved,’ is not an answer. God still stands tall as the Creator of the heavens and earth in six twenty four hour days.
- Evolution News and Science today, Molecular Machine Menagerie Brightens, February 20, 2017
- J Sarfati, The Greatest Hoax on Earth, Creation Book Publishers, 2010, p 242-244
- JB Reece et al, Campbell Biology, Pearson, 2011, ATP Synthase, p 218-225
- SC Meyer, Signature in the Cell, HarperOne, 2009