It is amazing how important the first chapter of Genesis is. We judge it by organisations like BioLogos which specifically teaches that God created through evolution. It is something the Bible never talks about. They claim to bring together science and the Bible. Science and evolution have nothing to do with each other. Science investigates phenomena of nature by repeated observation and experimentation. Evolution is some supposed event that happened long ago, and has been popularised by Charles Darwin. The fact that Darwin relinquished his faith and became an unbeliever, tells us something about the basics of evolution.
# Some aspects about BioLogos
- After his book ‘The Language of God,’ was published in 2006, Collins says that he received thousands of e-mails from individuals who wanted to explore the relationships between scripture and science. Collins established the BioLogos Foundation to provide responses to these questions and promote a view of harmony between science and faith.1
- The BioLogos foundation promotes evolutionary creation as a narrower and more orthodox version of theistic evolution. That is, they affirm that God is the creator and affirm that evolution is the best scientific description of the process by which God brought about the diversity of life. Evangelicals are the foundation’s primary audience; however, Collins hopes that skeptics, seekers and believers of other faiths will find the website helpful. 1
# A great deal is at stake.
Al Mohler, president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and one of the most outspoken critics of theistic evolution, asserts that a great deal is at stake: “At the end of the day, the theological modifications required by the acceptance of evolution are vast and utterly disastrous for biblical Christianity.” 2 We completely agree with Dr Mohler, and as support again have some quotes from David Pawson’s book:
# Quotes by David Pawson
- ‘If Genesis is not true, neither is the rest of the Bible….’
- ‘…If we do not accept that Genesis is true, it follows that we cannot rely on the rest of the Bible. As we have already noted, so much of the Bible builds on the foundational truth in Genesis. If Genesis is not true, then ‘chance’ is our creator and the brute beasts are our ancestors. It is not surprising that this book has been more under attack than any other book in the entire Bible….’
- There are two prongs of attack: one is scientific and the other spiritual….’
- ‘…Behind the scientific attack, however, it is possible to discern a satanic attack. The devil hates most the two books in the Bible which describe his entrance and his undignified exit: Genesis and Revelation. If he can persuade us that Genesis is myth and Revelation mystery, then he knows he can go a long way towards destroying many people’s faith.’ 3
Logic tells us that either God created in six 24-hour days, or not. There is no middle way in the Christian faith: either the narrow road of what the Bible teaches, or the broad road of whatever man thinks fit to add.
- Wikipedia. The BioLogos Foundation
- J UpChurch, The Danger of BioLogos, Blurring the Line between Creation and Evolution, October 1, 2011, Answers in Genesis
- D Pawson, Unlocking the Bible, A unique overview of the whole Bible, Collins, 2007, p 23,24