Recently we read about an ice cream in Canada called ‘Sweet Jesus Ice cream.’ 1
- The ’t’ of ‘sweet’ is an inverted cross.
- The ’s’ of Jesus is the sign of an ‘SS style “S” that was popular among Satanic metal bands of the ’70s and ’80s.
# Some of their promotional slogans
- ‘Everyone has a cross to bear. Yours won’t be hunger.’
- ‘Eat like its your Last Supper.’
- ‘Thou shalt not take the Lord’s name in vain, but God Damn that’s delicious.’
- ‘Love is patient, love is kind, but you can’t lickit. So who cares?’
# They are a good advertisement that Jesus is real.
Nobody mocks a non-entity, a fiction or a fable. They do what the Bible says:
- Jesus will be mocked. He was mocked at the Cross, “Then they spat in His face and struck Him with their fists. Others slapped Him and said, ‘Prophecy to us, Christ. Who hit you?’” 2
- Jesus is the Victor over Satan, ‘And having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the Cross.’ 3 Although the evil one is still in control of this world,4 he still smarts over his defeat at the cross. So he will not let go of any opportunity to mock Jesus and ‘spit’ at him.
- There are only two groups of people in this world: filled with the Spirit of God or with the spirit of the world. ‘We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God.…’ 5 We should expect those without the Spirit of God to mock Jesus.
# What the owners of this specific ice cream business reveal:
- They belong to the kingdom of darkness. They don’t have ‘Sweet Muhammed,’ ‘Sweet Krishna’ or ‘Sweet Zeus’ ice cream. No, only ‘Sweet Jesus.’ Why?
- Jesus matters. Jesus is alive and sits at the right hand of the Father. He is the One who bought His Bride on the Cross when He gave His life. None of the other gods did it. The devil hates it that Jesus robs him of his followers that he keeps in bondage.
# The future of the ice cream business owners
We can only pray that they will come to repentance before they leave this world. Otherwise they will have an eternity to chant, ‘Sweet Satan, why did you deceive us? Must we bear this cross eternally [with Satan in the lake of burning sulphur]?’ 6 Satan will not be able to answer them because he himself will be tortured day and night for ever. 7
What does ‘Sweet Jesus ice cream’ teach? Jesus is real. They prove it when they mock Him. It is a wonderful example of how the devil demonstrates what a thorn in his flesh Jesus is. Satan hates Jesus, but we love Him. He is our Saviour, the wonderful, magnificent Messiah of love.
- Google, Sweet Jesus ice cream
- Matthew 26:67
- Colossians 2:15
- 1 John 5:19b
- 1 Corinthians 2:12
- Matthew 25:41
- Revelation 20:10
God created the earth out of water by water according to 2 Peter 3:5 (see God’s watery creation and Science agrees with Scripture about our watery planet). That means water is important. It is the ‘molecule that supports all life.’ Our planet is covered with at least 71% water. Cells consist of from 75-95% water. Human bodies contain at least 60% water. Without the water cycle, everything on earth will die.
# Life on our planet depends on water.
- The words, ‘Exquisite Engineering’ describe the Creator God’s creation of water. Logic, common sense and the discoveries of science show the absolute precision and importance of water in nature. Take water away and we are another Mars – cold, barren and lifeless.
- Scripture tells us how important water is, ‘[God] cuts a channel for the torrents of rain, a path for the thunderstorm, to water a land where no man lives, a desert with no one in it, to satisfy a desolate wasteland and make it sprout with grass.’ 1
# Science explains the special properties of water.
‘Four emergent properties of water contribute to earth’s suitability for life.’ 2
- Cohesion. ‘Cohesion due to hydrogen bonding contributes to the transport of water and dissolved nutrients against gravity in plants.’ That means water has the ability to move ‘upwards’ in plants. p 93
- ‘Moderation of temperature by water.’ p 94 Water helps to give the earth, as well as living organisms, moderate temperatures. It is because it takes considerable energy to heat water. So the large amount of surface water balances the earth’s temperature.
- ‘Floating of ice on liquid water.’ p 95 Ice is lighter than water. So when ocean water freezes the ice floats on top. Therefore the fish, whales and other organisms can survive beneath the ice.
- ‘Water is the solvent of life.’ p 96 Life is possible because minerals can dissolve in water and become accessible to plants, salt dissolved in the oceans enable life, et cetera. 2
# Water is even important in eternal life.
- The surprise is that water is not only indispensable for life in God’s first creation, but even important in eternal life. On the new earth there will be no seas, but the river of life will be in the New Jerusalem, ’Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb, down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.’ 3
- Revelation 22:17 says, ’whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.’ (bold added)
Water is vitally important now and for the new heaven and earth. And where does all the water come from? It was created by the eternal King. Glory!
- Job 38:25-27
- Reece et al, Campbell Biology, Pearson, 2011, p 92-100
- Revelation 22:1-2
In the previous blog, ‘God’s watery creation,’ we mentioned 2 Peter 3:5, ‘The earth was formed out of water by water.’ This creation account seems very logical because we know that,
- The earth is the only planet of the 8 in our solar system that has 71% water on its surface.
- Water is essential for life on earth because its special properties are unique.
Surprisingly it looks as if researchers have begun to agree with the Bible, according to the following quotes.
# Quotes from science journals
Initially big bang adherents thought the water on earth came from comets and asteroids. It had many problems, so they had to rethink the issue.
- ‘Instead of arriving later by comet impact, Earth’s waters have likely existed since our planet’s birth. The planet formed as a wet planet with water on the surface.’ 1
- ‘A team of researchers studying the isotopic content of rocks specifically located in Baffin Island, Canada have discovered evidence supporting the idea of Earth having “native water”—water not delivered by comets or asteroids, but here since its formation.’ 2
- ‘We cannot rule out the addition of water to Earth’s surface after its formation (i.e. via comets and asteroids), but our data suggests that Earth had water from the very beginning of its formation, so a large amount of water addition later was not necessarily needed to produce our oceans [Dr. Lydia Hallis, the lead author of the study, told IFLScience].’ 3
- ‘A final clue that the planet’s oceans may have formed very early on is that there is more chlorine on Earth than you would expect.’ 4
- ‘If the Earth’s oceans were formed from water on our own planet, rather than asteroids, that would solve a couple of problems for planetary scientists. One is why Earth seems to have so much water in the first place. Another is why life, which as far as anyone knows requires water, seems to have appeared so quickly once the Earth had a solid surface.’ 5
- ‘The origin of water on Earth, or the reason that there is clearly more liquid water on Earth than on the other rocky planets of the Solar System, is not completely understood. There exist numerous more or less mutually compatible hypotheses as to how water may have accumulated on Earth’s surface over the past 4.5 billion years in sufficient quantity to form oceans.’ 6
- ‘And so, while we can’t say with certainty how water came to Earth, we can say we’re fortunate it did.’ 7
The quotes hint that researchers do not understand the origin of water clearly. Despite that, it is interesting that nearly all the quotes conclude that there was probably liquid water on the earth from the beginning. Logically they will not accept the Bible’s explanation that God created the earth out of water by water. Yet that doesn’t negate the testimony of God’s Word.
- National Geographic, Mystery of Earth’s Water Origin Solved. Andrew Fazekas, October 30, 2014
- A Balzer, On the Origin of Earth’s Water, Owlcation, Desember 21, 2017
- A Carpineti, 12 November 2015, Where did Earth’s Water Come From, IFLScience
- Balz Kamber, Scientifist, March 22, 2017
- J Emspak, Where Did Earth’s Water Come From, Live Science, July 7, 2016
- Wikipedia, Origin of water on earth
- Jonathan Atteberry, Where Does Water Come From, Science.how stuffworks.com