According to Richard Dawkins and the New Atheists, the Bible was written by unknown people in unknown deserts. Yet these ‘ignorant’ writers predicted, thousands of years ago, what the enemies of God and of the Bible would do (and they have been doing just that through the ages). It shows that the Bible is about reality, about what people think, plan and do.
The predictions of the Bible about Dawkins and the New Atheists:
- They will gather against the Lord. King David made this prediction about 3,000 years ago. He wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, “Why do the nations [atheists] conspire and the peoples [skeptics] plot in vain? The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers [Dawkins, Shermer and others] gather together against the Lord and against His Anointed One. ‘Let us break their chains,’ they say, ‘and throw off their fetters.’” 1 We see this prediction fulfilled before our eyes. New atheists have an issue with the Bible: it must be obliterated along with the knowledge of God and Jesus. The Psalm gives God’s reaction. He laughs and scoffs at them. 2
- They will refuse to love the truth and so be saved. There is no evidence that will persuade new atheists that the Bible is true and evolution is not true. They refuse to investigate the issue. Yet they claim that they represent rationality and reason. God said through Paul, ‘They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.’ 3 What a tragedy to think that such talented people could miss God’s purpose for their lives, because they refuse to consider the truth about God.
- They will eat the fruit of their ways. The Bible is a book that you don’t read superficially. It must be investigated with the help of the Holy Spirit. That means unbelievers don’t have the Guide (the Holy Spirit) to help them when they read the Bible. Yet they give ‘wise advice,’ that is mostly wrong, about the Bible. The Holy Spirit inspired Solomon to write, ‘Since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the Lord, since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke, they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.’4 Their schemes, according to the Bible, will not lead to God’s eternal new heavens and earth.
- They will be blinded to the gospel. There is absolutely nothing good in the Bible according to the new atheists. To them, the Bible is a delusion of the highest order (while the opposite is true).They are the ones that are deluded: ‘The god of this age [the devil] has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.’ 5
What is our conclusion?
God knows everything. He knows the past, present and future. He gave a book with predictions about the times we live in (as well as through the ages). The New Atheists show us that the Bible was written by people who were inspired by the all knowing Holy Spirit. It is a unique revelation from a holy God who calls all people to join His eternal Kingdom.
- Psalm 2:1-3
- Psalm 2:4
- 2 Thessalonians 2:10b-11
- Proverbs 1:29-31
- 2 Corinthians 4:4
Aspiring atheists regard themselves as rational, logical, intelligent and smart. They are great at bashing the Bible to soothe their consciences. Here are 5 tips on how to do it. They are straight from the mouth of one who once looked for the same loopholes in order to escape the saving hand of the Lord. Fortunately, he discovered the truth.
- Keep to generalities. Never identify the Bible and its history directly. Just make vague references to ‘religion.’ That immediately conveys the idea that the Bible is like all the other religions: each one has its own unique variation, but basically they are the same. This tip is one of the ‘signs’ of rational, logical, intelligent people who deny the Bible. They do not dare to face the possibility that there might be eternal life and they will have to give an account to God of their lives on earth. So they classify all ‘religions’ under one umbrella and claim that they are all false because they all evolved.
- Tell people the Bible wants you to stone your rebellious children. That is sure to get them very excited and against the Bible. P.S. Never tell them that you have to distort Scripture in the worse way possible to come to that conclusion. Just scare people so that they believe they must trash the Bible.
- Never agree that the Biblical history of Israel was written down by reliable eyewitnesses. Instead agree with Richard Dawkins that God’s Book was written by unknown people in unknown deserts. Society must understand the Bible is myth, and there is no connection between the history of the Bible and Israel. That connection is dangerous information, bound to make you doubt the atheistic-God connection. Israel today undergoes persecution (just like the Bible and its followers) because of the connection to God.
- Never discuss the history of Israel’s neighbours in Bible times. The Assyrians, Babylonians, Medo-Persians, Greeks and Romans all feature in the Bible. There is enough evidence of these ancient civilisations in museums and archaeological diggings. However, when it is mentioned in the Bible, remember it is ‘myth.’ Outside the Bible it is fact, but inside the Bible it is fairy tales.
- Insinuate that ‘religion’ is against ‘science.’ This is a winner, but in this context ‘science’ does not mean real, operational science, but evolution. It is a scare tactic that works beautifully on Bible believers. They back off, because they think they are opposing the ‘science’ that gave us electricity, computers, cellphones, modern medicine, et cetera. Don’t mention that to believe evolution, one has to become an operational science denier, since real science gives no evidence that evolution is true. Nevertheless people buy the lie.
When you analyse the arguments of atheists, these tips are recurring themes. It gets boring after a while, but they still catch the unwary. We live in the midst of a concentrated assault on the truth of the Bible. So the advice in 1 Peter 5:8 is excellent, ‘Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.’ This verse should be diligently applied by people who have the hope of eternal life with God, based on their belief in the Bible.
People desire world peace, but vehemently reject the God and His Bible that plans an eternal new heaven and earth of peace and happiness. Instead there is a continual, direct assault on the Bible and its followers. Manuals on how to make atheists, vexing questions to Christians, and many other publications and programs on TV and YouTube are common. What is it about Christianity that is supposed to be such a danger to world peace?
The Bible tells its followers to live in peace with each other, to forgive those who hurt them, to care for their families, to work diligently, not to murder, steal, or live an immoral life. Is that a dangerto society? No! So why is there a war against Christians and their book? It is because there is an evil mastermind at work who knows the following:
- The promise and reward of eternal life. The Bible deals with this present life and future eternal life. If there was no hope of eternal life, nobody would care about Christianity or what other people believe. It would be irrelevant whether you believe in UFO’s, ghosts, an invisible God in the sky, or that Friday the 13th is unlucky, if there is no life after death.
- What you believe and how you act in this life, is vitally important in the next life. It will determine your destination and there are two different ones. The one is good – the new heavens and earth (or heaven). The other one is bad – the lake of burning sulphur (or hell).
- There are two opposing spirits that influence people. The good one is the Holy Spirit that roots for the good (or right) destination (which is through Jesus Christ who helps to prepare us for eternity). The opposing spirit is revealed in the Bible. He is the hostile witness, the devil. He is not content that people can be with God. So he does his best to influence them to think that the Bible is unreliable. Then people obviously won’t take its message to heart. That would effectively doom them to eternal agony after death, and the great judgement.
- The Bible Bashing and Christian Crucifying campaigns is part of the devil’s campaign. We read in Revelation 12:12c,17, ‘He [the devil] was filled with fury, because he knows his time is short…and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring- those who obey God’s commands and hold to the testimony of Jesus.’ The devil (the antichrist spirit) tells people to war against the Bible and its followers, because they are imagined to be the enemies of society.
Are Christians a danger to world peace? The daily news tells us that Christians are not a danger to society. They do not abduct girls so that they cannot attend school or kill people because they do not accept their beliefs. Who scores in this battle against what Christians believe? Only the devil who tries to hide the fact that there is life after death. The battle against the Bible proves there is an eternal life waiting, with either a good or a bad destination.