The Biologos Foundation (Christians who believe God created through evolution) is very happy. In Aronofsky’s film, Noah, the ‘Creator’ used evolution to fill the earth. 1 Yet the ‘Creator’ that Noah (Russell Crowe) addresses, is not the Creator of Genesis 1.
Why do they talk about the Creator in the film, and then present an evolutionary timeline that is the complete opposite of the Genesis account? In Genesis 1 we read at least eight times that God created, over a period of six days, by speaking. 2 There is a huge gulf between creating by speaking, and a natural process that is supposed to have happened by chance over millions of years.
What the film does is to lull Christians asleep. They are supposed to be very happy to hear the word ‘Creator,’ and that the ‘Creator’ did it through evolution. That means a rational, logical, intelligent God used an unintelligent chance process that never has and never can ‘create’ anything new. This is an example of the kind of indoctrination in our ‘modern’ world. It is a proof of what the Biologos’ agenda is. They try to depose God as Ruler of the universe. If God is not the Creator, He is not the Owner or Ruler and He has no authority to save people.
In the Bible, the term ‘Creator’ is not usually used, but rather ‘Lord’ and ‘God.’ 3 The use of the title ‘Creator’ in the film, is just a trap to catch the unwary. There is a gulf between creation and evolution as wide apart as between the earth and the Andromeda galaxy. They can never be reconciled, because they cannot both come from God. Evolution needed no intelligence (which God has in abundance).
Why is evolution an impossible process?
- Mutations cannot ‘create,’ they only destroy. Ask anybody who has a family member with a genetic disease due to a mutation. It causes abnormality and is agony and pain for such people.
- Evolution means an increase in functional complex genetic information. Mutations cause a loss of genetic information. So mutations cannot develop ever higher life forms. In addition there is no mechanism by which new genetic information can be ‘imported’ into the cell. That makes evolution (the ‘creation of new families of organisms) impossible.
- All organisms begin life as very small fertilised ovums. Then they develop in a certain designed way till they are fully functional adults. The whole aspect of gene regulatory networks is so complex and so precise, that no mutations can ever cause new kinds. Changes that could possibly lead to evolution through mutations, have to happen early in development, but the embryo does not survive that.
Is it possible that Biologos is unaware of these facts? No, they know it very well. Their object is to convert Christians to theistic evolution (God created through evolution). That is why Paul warned about ‘savage wolves that will come in among you and will not spare the flock.’ 4
Conclusion: Biologos comes like sheep, but are ravenous wolves, eager to destroy the faith of believers. Be very careful of them.
- Stump, Jim (2 April 2014). “The Noah Movie”. The Biologos Foundation. Retrieved 2 April 2014. “..And we saw the importance of stories as explanations—my favorite part of the whole movie was when Noah retold the Genesis creation accounts to his sons, and we saw the evolutionary creation of the world up to some mysterious Adam and Eve figures.”
- Genesis 1:3,6,9,11,14,20,24,26
- Genesis 6:5,7,9,11,etc.
- Acts 20:29