There are two accounts of the origin of the earth. One comes from the Word (the Bible), ‘But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water.’ 1 That means a big ball of water at the beginning. The other account is from the world system and it says: in the beginning the big bang just happened naturally and the earth appeared billions of years later.
# The difference between the two
- In the case of Creation by God, an intelligent Superior Mind was at work, ‘By wisdom the Lord laid the earth’s foundations, by understanding He set the heavens in place; by His knowledge the deeps were divided, and the clouds let drop the dew.’ 2 God had a goal with creation.
- Contrary to that, nature has no mind, no goal, no foresight and it all happened by chance.
- The difference between the testimony of the Word and the witness of the world is vast. If Jesus, the Creator, was alive today, what would He say?
- Would He be on the side of the Big Ball of Water (the size of the earth) and the six days, or would He concede that the heavens and earth developed mindlessly over billions of years?
# The Big Ball versus the Big Bang.
- We intend to discuss the two versions in more detail, with reference to what we know from science. It is important that we are confident about our Lord’s power.
- It would be wonderful if we could agree with the twenty-four elders in the New Jerusalem where they honour God with these words, ‘You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honour and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created.’ 3
The issue is, which one is true, the account of the Word or the account of the world? We will keep you updated.
- 2 Peter 3:5
- Proverbs 3:19,20
- Revelation 4:11
I am indebted to information Dr Kynan Bridges shared with Sid Roth. 1 According to him, Eve’s disobedience to God was not the first sin. The first sin was that the serpent slandered God’s reputation. He defines ‘slander’ as a damaging statement about someone’s character.
# What was the result of that slander?
- When the serpent tempted Eve to eat of the fruit, he told her that she would not surely die: God did not tell them the truth. God said one thing, but He meant something else. So it was her doubt and suspicion that caused her to disobey God’s command.
- Slander damages our faith and trust in the character of the person slandered. We no longer see them in the same way. That is exactly what happened to Eve in the Garden of Eden.
- Because she no longer trusted God, her opinion of the tree changed. The forbidden tree looked ‘pleasing to the eye, good for food and desirable to gain wisdom.’ So she took the forbidden fruit and ate it and also gave it to Adam.
- That led to their downfall and they were driven out of the Garden of Eden, et cetera.
# The same enemy slanders the Creator.
- God as Creator is magnificent, glorious, adored and worshipped. Revelation 4:11 states, ‘You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honour and power, for you created all things….’ Revelation 19:6b says, ‘Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns…’ What a glorious God.
- Then someone slanders God as Creator in our ears. God did not create the universe as He said He did. He just sat and watched as the universe, our solar system and our planet evolved. Then our powerful Creator God becomes someone different in our eyes.
- Because of the slander against God that He is not the Creator, He becomes a ‘powerless’ God! Who wants to love such a God? Who wants to stand in awe of Him? He is just a nobody, someone who claims to have created the heavens and the earth, but didn’t. What a tragedy that we allow so many in the Church to fall for this deception.
- Nehemiah, inspired by the Holy Spirit, wrote, ‘Blessed be your glorious name and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise. You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven praise you.’ 2 Let’s join in and praise the Creator. We include Jesus because He is also the Creator. 3 God and Jesus are one. 4
Let’s believe Scripture’s testimony about our fantastic Creator God and agree to, ‘Praise our God, all you His servants, you who fear Him, both small and great.’ 5
- How you may be blocking your own destiny – Kynan Bridges on Cid Roth’s ‘It’s Supernatural!’ Published on 12 March 2017.
- Nehemiah 9:5-6
- John 1:3, Colossians 2:16, Hebrews 1:2
- John 10:30
- Revelation 19:5
In an article in Business Insider SA, ‘Why Namibia is the perfect place to search for alien life on earth,’ 1 Sarah Wild writes:
- ‘…scientists all over the world are hunting for present or past life on Mars, and other planets.’
- ‘Many are looking to extreme environments, such as Namibia’s Namib desert, to see what sort of pressures life can handle.’
- ‘Hypoliths, communities of blue-green bacteria found underneath quartz rocks, could hold the secret to life on other planets….’ 1
Chris McKay, a senior scientist at Nasa’s Ames Exploration Centre in California, is interested in deserts for the same reason. ‘For life, there must be an organism at the base of the food chain, a primary producer. These blue green smudges on the undersides of rocks in hyper-arid deserts are one of those primary producers….’ 1
# The facts are:
- The Bible is clear that God created the primary producers of life on earth on day 3. “Then God said, ‘Let the land produce vegetation: seed bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.’” It includes the hypoliths.
- Till now there has been no evidence that life could have evolved on earth. It is a terrible show stopper for those who believe in Darwinian evolution. The claim is that life evolved, but there is no beginning of this evolved life on earth. There is absolutely no evidence that life began naturally, except if one uses the words, ‘could have, might have, should have’ to replace testable, repeatable science.
- The blue-green bacteria that they put their hope on photosynthesise. That is such a complex chemical reaction that it can never evolve naturally. Besides, why would it evolve in the desert? If one thinks logically, why would bears evolve to live in the Polar regions, or penguins to live in hostile Arctic regions?
# The questions are:
- What scientific advantages are there for society on earth if they would find life on Mars? Answer: none.
- Why is it important to find life on other planets? Answer: it would disprove Genesis 1 and show that life did not need a Creator.
- Why must Genesis 1 be disproved? Answer: it will be a ‘safeguard’ against the Bible’s message that God created man on earth for a purpose (to choose his eternal destination). And that a person will give an account to God for what he or she did while alive.
- Will they find life on other planets (the ‘project’ to find life on other planets is so important to the devil, the ruler of this world, that billions are spent on it)? Answer: No! God is very clear. He created the earth and life on it with a purpose. There is no mention of life on either Mars or any other planet.
- Will they ever stop looking for life on other planets? Answer: No! As long as the Bible and God are around, they must give people the hope that there is life on other planets. That will prove that God is dispensible. So they can live as they please without consequences.
- There is no evidence at all that life on earth evolved. So why would it evolve on other planets?
- The best recourse for believers in Jesus is to put our hope in God who will one day renew this planet and give us an out of this world experience on His new dwelling.
- Sarah Wild, Why Namibia is the perfect place to search for alien life on earth, Business Insider SA