They love to tell us that the God of the Bible is as much of a myth as Zeus, Superman and Mickey Mouse. Do those characters have an ancient history book like the Bible that describes their acts over more than a thousand years? Take for example that,
- God created man and animals, but not in the same way. When He created animals, “…God said, ‘Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds….'” 1
- When God created man, ‘…the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life.’ 2
- The difference is obvious. It is only into man that He breathed the breath of life. So man was made completely different from animals. The breath of God gave man a spirit and he became a living soul (mind, emotion and will).
- Do animals have a mind? Not at all. Does the chimp have one, since they are supposedly 99% identical to humans in their genetic make-up? Even children can see the difference as they marvel at why chimps don’t have to go to school, cannot draw pictures, write stories, or create technological marvels.
- The Bible describes an important function of the soul, ‘Love the Lord with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 3 Animals don’t do that, since they have no sense of Almighty God who is to be loved and cherished.
Is our descent from ape-like ancestors a fact?
- If there was any evidence that we evolved from ape-like ancestors, we would not have a mind. Evolution is a material process, so it cannot ‘produce’ a spiritual, invisible, but real thing like the mind. The ‘evolution’ of the mind, an immaterial ‘thing,’ cannot happen according to the idea of evolution.
- How a mind can evolve remains a mystery to evolutionists, unless they want to deny that people have minds. They are welcome to do that, but the dilemma is that a person needs a mind to decide people do not have minds.
- The evolution of man remains a mystery, as all aspects of evolution do.
- An interesting article for the BBC is titled – We still have not found the missing link between us and apes.4 Logically if the link hasn’t been found, then the evolution of man from ape-like creatures is a myth.
If God is like Superman, Mickey and Zeus, is there evidence that they are Spirit and Creator like God?
- The Bible tells us, ‘God is spirit, and His worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth.’ 5
- God’s Word is reliable and trustworthy when it explains how special God created people, ‘Let us make man in our own image, in our likeness.…’ 6
- Genesis 1:24
- Genesis 2:7
- Mark 12:30
- The Human-Ape Missing Link, Evolution News/@DiscoveryCSC, July 18, 2017
- John 4:24
- Genesis 1:26
Followers of Jesus are confused about Genesis 1. Can they believe what the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God says? Did God create in 6 days or is it some kind of metaphor? Is Genesis 1 relevant? Is it necessary to believe its literal meaning?
If God created the heavens and earth, He is the Owner. In the world system an owner can do with his property whatever he likes. Does the Bible show us that God acts as the Owner who has a purpose for His creation?
# God, the Owner, in Genesis 2?
- God created Eden and put Adam there. Because He made Adam, He had the authority to tell him what to do. He gave him a command not to eat of a certain tree. Where did the Tree of Life and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil come from? God created them. He did it with a plan and a purpose in mind.
- Adam and Eve were not robots. They were made in God’s image with a free will. Therefore God gave them a choice to test them. Their decision had a consequence: life or death.
# God, the Owner, in Genesis 3?
- Adam and Eve chose to disobey God and obey that ancient serpent, the devil or Satan. 1 With their choice they gave their God-given authority over to the one they obeyed. 2
- Since then the evil one is the ruler of this world. 3 Their disobedience brought sin, suffering and death into our lives.
- Yet as Owner and Boss, God made a promise of restoration. The Seed of the woman (Jesus) will crush the head of the serpent, the devil, the enemy of God. 4
# God, the Owner, right through the Bible.
All through the Bible, Old and New Testament, God is in command. He helps, saves, changes lives, prepares for eternal destinations, et cetera. There is never any question about who is the Lord. It is the Creator God (with ‘God’ we mean the Trinity of the Bible).
Why are so many ‘Christians’ reluctant to accept the clear message of Genesis 1:1, ‘In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth [in 6 days]?’ God’s position as supernatural Creator gives Him the authority to forgive, help, answer, make promises and create a new heaven and earth for His chosen, called, faithful followers to live on eternally.
- Revelation 12:9
- Romans 6:16
- 1 John 5:19b
- Genesis 3:15
There is a massive ‘industry’ to defend Darwinian evolution, even from inside the Church. Despite the fact that there is no solid scientific proof for Darwinian evolution, some ‘Christians’ still insist it is true. The problem is, one has to be consistent in the exegesis of Scripture. Let us look at two very specific verses, Romans 1:20 and Ephesians 2:10.
# Romans 1:20
- ‘For since the creation of the the world God’s invisible qualities – His eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without any excuse.’
- The word used is ‘workmanship’ or ‘handiwork.’ Creation is the handiwork of God. This specific word ‘handiwork’ is found only in one other place in the New Testament, in Ephesians 2:10.
# Ephesians 2:10
‘For we are God’s workmanship [handiwork], created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.’ That means the ‘creation’ of new creatures in Jesus, is also the handiwork of God.
# God created two separate ‘things’
- God created the universe through Jesus ‘…and through whom [Jesus] He [God] made the universe….’ 1
- God also created His children to be new ‘creations’ in Christ Jesus, ‘…if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!’ 2
# Romans 1:20 and Ephesians 2:10 are related.
Because the New Testament uses ‘handiwork’ or ‘workmanship’ only in these two verses, there is a relationship between them. Both testify to God’s creative ability. The one is physical and visible, the other one spiritual and invisible. Yet both are real: they demonstrate God’s, ‘eternal power and divine nature.’
# They stand or fall together.
If six day creation is not the handiwork of God, why would the creation of new people in Christ be? This is an example of the ‘domino’ principle in Scripture. When you lose faith in one verse or principle, your faith in the rest of the Bible starts to topple.
Both Ephesians 2:10 and Romans 1:20 are true. God created the universe in six days to be our temporal home. He will renew it to be the eternal home of people who were renewed in their inner being. All this is due to God’s power!
- Hebrews 1:2
- 2 Corinthians 5:17