The privilege of a wonderful Father is very special:
- Father God has it all. He is fabulously rich. That means He has no reason to exploit anybody. We can trust Him completely.
- He is so rich that no money in the world can sway His mind or opinion. That means He is fair and objective – no favouritism.
- Because He has it all, He is real when He says His only desire is to have children.
- He is a God with no blemishes and no skeletons in His cupboard. He is not a God with a hidden agenda. He is what He reveals about Himself in the Bible. What a special benefit to have an honest Father.
- God is a ‘people’s God.’ Every one of His called ones can communicate with Him at any time, through His Holy Spirit. There is no need for an appointment with a busy King. No! He has time, any time, always, willing to listen to prayer and petition.
- Even the word ‘obedience’ is not the idea of master/servant. God wants us to rule with Him in His eternal Kingdom. He wants us to learn the ropes so that we can one day eternally care for His wonderful creation,
‘To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on My Father’s throne, just as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.’ Revelation 3:21
We have a very special, generous Father who redeemed us through His Son to be His very own,
‘I will be a Father to you, and you will be My sons and daughters,” says the Lord Almighty.’ 2 Corinthians 6:18