Inspired by the Holy Spirit Paul wrote,
‘Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David….’ 2 Timothy 2:8
This is a very short Gospel.
A more expanded version:
- God the Creator planted a Garden in the east, in Eden.
- God was there with the man and his wife. They were right with God.
- The evil one deceived them, they disobeyed God and were expelled from the Garden. Genesis 2-3
- Outside of Eden man was not right with God. The following explains it:
- Cain murdered his brother. Genesis 4:1-12
- The generation of Noah went wild. Genesis 6-8
- The builders of the Tower of Babel wanted to protect themselves. Genesis 11:1-9
- God called Abraham and created His nation Israel. Five books of Moses.
- God gave the nation His righteous laws – the Old Covenant.
- If they kept those laws, the nation would be right with God,
‘And if we are careful to obey all this law before the Lord our God, as He commanded us, that will be our righteousness.’ Deuteronomy 6:25
- The nation failed, were exiled, brought back, but still failed. The nation was not right with God. See the last book of the Old Testament, Malachi.
- God promised a New Covenant in Jesus. Jesus gave His life as the sinless Sacrifice, so man can be right with God.
- To be right with God through Jesus, is available to all people who are willing.
‘But now a righteousness from God, apart from the law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.’ Romans 3:21
This righteousness is by grace and faith. Praise the Lord! See Ephesians 2:8