Inspired by the Holy Spirit Paul wrote,
‘Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David….’ 2 Timothy 2:8
This is a very short Gospel.
A more expanded version:
- God the Creator planted a Garden in the east, in Eden.
- God was there with the man and his wife. They were right with God.
- The evil one deceived them, they disobeyed God and were expelled from the Garden. Genesis 2-3
- Outside of Eden man was not right with God. The following explains it:
- Cain murdered his brother. Genesis 4:1-12
- The generation of Noah went wild. Genesis 6-8
- The builders of the Tower of Babel wanted to protect themselves. Genesis 11:1-9
- God called Abraham and created His nation Israel. Five books of Moses.
- God gave the nation His righteous laws – the Old Covenant.
- If they kept those laws, the nation would be right with God,
‘And if we are careful to obey all this law before the Lord our God, as He commanded us, that will be our righteousness.’ Deuteronomy 6:25
- The nation failed, were exiled, brought back, but still failed. The nation was not right with God. See the last book of the Old Testament, Malachi.
- God promised a New Covenant in Jesus. Jesus gave His life as the sinless Sacrifice, so man can be right with God.
- To be right with God through Jesus, is available to all people who are willing.
‘But now a righteousness from God, apart from the law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.’ Romans 3:21
This righteousness is by grace and faith. Praise the Lord! See Ephesians 2:8
3 thoughts on “Expanded short Gospel”
I love summaries, thank you guys. I love the one where Jesus, when answering a lawer in Luke 10:27, he summed up the whole law, in one breath. So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’ ”
Man fails to hear the voice of God whenever he disregards His clear pro-life advice direction or guidance.
When man says to God, “Ag, what do you know God?” then follows the self righteous advice of his flesh, that has it’s origin within the darkness (ignorance) that abides in his own mind by the spirit of fear that apposes the righteousness of God, love.
It’s such a privilege to us that you give regular comments, Pat. We appreciate your insight and faithfulness to the Lord.