Luke ‘…carefully investigated everything from the beginning.’ Luke 1:3
What did he investigate? He investigated the claims about Jesus and the Kingdom. Where do we start if we want to investigate it? There is only one book that reveals the life and work of Jesus and the Kingdom of God. So the investigation centers on Scripture, the Bible.
However, we first need to know if we can trust the Bible? Is it the Word of God? Is it a human book by human writers with their opinions, or a book authored by God and written down by men? Simply said, is it a product of God or of man? The one big reason we know that it is not a human product is the ‘strange’ facts revealed in the Bible.
Bible – product of God or of man?
Could human writers who according to our estimates are actually ‘primitive,’ with little knowledge of philosophy, science, et cetera, imagine the following:
- A Triune, eternal, invisible God. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit is one in essence and three in Person.
- A God who created the universe in six twenty four hour days. Moses, who wrote the book, Genesis, grew up in the palace of Pharaoh. It took many years to build pyramids, temples, store cities, et cetera. Yet he claims this invisible God did it in six days. Wow!
- A Garden in Eden with two ‘strange’ trees. It was a tree of life and a tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The tree of life will be eternally in the New Jerusalem,
‘On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month.’ Revelation 22:2b
- Who has ever heard of a fruit tree that bears a crop every month?
- The Bible claims that God will destroy this present heaven and earth and replace it with a creation of stupendous beauty which will last forever. That new earth will have an unimaginably large capital city. It is in the shape of a cube with a width, height and length of 2,200 kilometers or 1,400 miles. It streets are of gold.
- Join me and be amazed that the Bible, with those fantastic revelations, is banned, banished, abolished, decried and detested. Many claim it is a myth, yet they fight that ‘myth’ will all their might. If one just looks what happens around the world you understand the war against the Word.
- Could ordinary writers imagine the following: the Creator God has a Son who became the Son of Man and was born as an ordinary human being? Later, after a sinless life and a three year ministry of healing and hope, He was crucified in a horrible way as only slaves and the worst of criminals were. However, He was resurrected on the third day and after forty days went back to His Father in heaven. We have the promise that He will come again.
The Bible is a product of God, not of man.