In this blog we want to give attention to one of the statements in the comment of the Belgian Biblestudents on the blog, ‘Who is Jesus?’ They declare that, ’Clearly all those Bible text giving clarity that Jesus is another being than God.’
We do not agree. According to our understanding, God the Father endorses that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Son of Man, is fully God and part of the Godhead, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Let us explain,
# Scripture is quite clear that God is the highest authority in the universe. That means what He says, goes. It can be accepted as the truth. The following verses show God’s supremacy.
- ‘Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Creator [‘Possessor’ in some translations] of heaven and earth.’ Genesis 14:19
- ‘You [God] alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.’ Nehemiah 9:6
- ‘…God is the King of all the earth; sing to Him a psalm of praise.’ Psalm 47:7
- ‘But the Lord is the true God; He is the living God, the eternal King.’ Jeremiah 10:10
- ‘Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honour and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!’ Revelation 7:12
# As the above verses show, God is the highest authority in the universe. All of creation belongs to Him. What did He say about Jesus?
- “But about the Son He [God] says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the sceptre of your Kingdom.’” Hebrews 1:8
- “He [God] also says, ‘In the beginning, O Lord [Jesus Christ], you laid the foundations of the earth and the heavens are the work of your hands….’ Hebrews 1:10
God, the highest authority in the universe, calls Jesus ‘God,’ and ‘Lord.’
To be continued.