The title sounds like a kid who asks his father to please give him some space. And at times it is a valid request. Yet it is not sound when it comes to big issues like preparing for a vocation, et cetera. Let’s look at how precise God the Father expects His children to stick with His directions when it comes to His ‘big’ issues.
# The biggest issue is of course salvation, when God’s goal is to save His people:
- God’s command to Noah on the measurements for the ark. Genesis 6:14-16
- God’s commands to Moses on how to construct the tabernacle. Exodus 25-27; 36-38
- God’s commands to David on the construction for the temple. 1 Chronicles 28:19
- After Jesus’ ascension, and the destruction of the temple for a second time, the elect became the temples of God in which He dwells through the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 2:22 For these ‘temples,’ God gave ‘precise instructions.’
- Repent: Acts 2:38
- Believe in Jesus: Romans 10:9
- Be baptised in water: Acts 8:37
- Receive the Holy Spirit: Acts 19:6
# Why was God’s precision necessary?
- In a sense the precision regarding the ark, tabernacle and temple were shadows of the precision needed for the elect to become ‘temples’ of God.
- That means that only those with the ‘Jesus measurement’ will live with God.
- This is the guarantee of Scripture, ‘Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God.’ Revelation 21:3