In the Western World, once the stronghold of the Christian faith, there are lawsuits against anyone who dares to mention or teach the Bible in education facilities. Teachers and scientists lose their jobs when they do that. There are many more such attacks against Biblical Faith. It is a concerted effort to ‘break the chains…and throw off the fetters’1 of God and His Word, the Bible.
# What makes this fight so weird?
It is so ghostly because the Bible testifies mainly about invisible things:
- God, with Jesus at His right hand is on His throne in heaven, invisible to the eye or telescopes. We will only see them in future on the new earth.
- We cannot see the Holy Spirit.
- The new heaven and earth, the future Utopia, is still in the future.
- The Kingdom of God is real and exists, but no one can pinpoint it.
- The Bible testifies that there are myriads of invisible angels around us. Where?
- An evil fallen angel rules over the world. We see his efforts in real life, but not him.
- Evil demons influence people to do Satan’s will but no doctor’s investigation can reveal them.
Why fight against a Book that speaks about invisible personalities and places? It sounds like a popular hunt against ghosts. Yet Scripture gives the answer, ‘…what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.’ 2 The fight is the attempt of God’s enemy to prevent people from the information that will enable them to be part of God’s people.
- Psalm 2:3
- 2 Corinthians 4:18