It was sensational. After all these years, they found a lost manuscript. The account is quite a change from Genesis 1:1, ‘In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.’
# The lost manuscript
Translated very loosely from the original Hebrew, this lost document reads: ‘There is a God. He is very strong, eternal and invisible. Nothing is impossible for Him. He is a miracle working God. There is no evidence for Him, but we have the assurance that He is real. Just believe it.’
# Fake news
Before you get excited or start wondering, rest assured. This is a good example of fake news. I created it to convey the message: God and Genesis 1 are intimately connected.
# The blessing of the creation account
- We are blessed to have a God who gives us tangible evidence that He is real because He introduces Himself as the Creator of the heavens and the earth.
- Why believe in a God who is invisible and gives no evidence that he really exists?
- The God of the Bible proves His existence by His creation. So we can understand that what follows in Scripture is the truth. He is not a product of someone’s highly creative imagination.
# Evidence that God created
The frantic efforts of the world to convince people that the universe evolved randomly, is to ‘prove’ there is no Creator God. The claim that there is nothing supernatural about the creation of the universe and life on earth, is to discourage people to seek God and be saved from eternal destruction.
- God tells us how He created the universe.
- It is evidence that He is real.
- We can have confidence in God because He is all-powerful, fantastic and real!