The Bible introduces us to creation by God. It does not tell us specifically about the planning that preceded it. That information is scattered in the different books of the Bible. It isn’t strange that there was a Central Planning Committee (the Godhead) that planned the whole project before creation. Which developers of some lifestyle park or huge suburban development, or whatever, do not discuss and plan everything beforehand?
The Planning Committee
Because God is all-knowing and all-powerful, they could work out their whole plan beforehand:
- They knew Adam would fail to obey. He would be expelled from the Garden (the presence of God) and thus there had to be a way of bringing him and his descendants back, to reconcile them with God.
- Jesus was chosen before Creation to be the One who would reconcile man to God.
How do we know there was a Planning Committee?
Scripture reveals it. Take note of the word ‘before’
- ‘…we speak of God’s secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.’ 1
- ‘For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight.’ 2
- ’…This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.’ 3
- ‘…a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time.’ 4
- ‘He [Jesus] was chosen before the creation of the world….’ 5
Jesus testified to it.
- ‘And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.’ 6
- ‘Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.’ 7
- Creation was part of a carefully designed plan which would eventually end in the eternal Kingdom.
- Everything was factored in beforehand. It was not a whim. Nothing catches the Godhead unprepared. The idea that God does crisis planning is just plain rubbish.
- Man, estranged from God, was the ‘project.’ The Godhead successfully pulled it off. The restoration of people to God is a miracle of precise planning.
We can trust the wonderful God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit completely. They are in charge of what happens in this world. They will reach their goal, the eternal Kingdom of Peace and Happiness. Our Father and His Son will be on the throne while the Holy Spirit will still guide and help those who chose to accept God’s gift of His Son.
- 1 Corinthians 2:7
- Ephesians 1:4
- 2Timothy 1:9
- Titus 1:2
- 1 Peter 1:18
- John 17:5
- John 17:24