In many countries of the world there is civil unrest. It consists of ethnic divisions, social injustices, white privilege, black discrimination, liberals, conservatives, democracy, socialism, communism, doctrinally divided churches, diverse forms of marriage, et cetera.
Divisions is the work of the devil to cause dissent and unrest.
- Jesus explained the principle to the Pharisees, ‘Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.’ 1
- That is evident in the results of those divisions. Prime ministers, presidents, governments and laws come and go as people’s fancies and opinions change and cause divisions. Hostility erupts in many cases.
- Vicious attacks in the press and the social media often spew forth hatred and retaliation. ‘Divide and rule,’ is the motto of the devil.
- In the meantime, God accepts applications for people to join His eternal Kingdom. What measures does He take to ensure the Kingdom will be trouble free and last eternally?
God’s brilliant design:
# Unity under Jesus
While the devil scatters, Jesus unites.
- God unifies all things in His Kingdom under Jesus, ‘…to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.’ 2
- ‘And God placed all things under His feet and appointed Him to be head over everything for the church….’ 3
- That means the applicants for citizenship will be unified under Jesus. God’s people will have only one Leader.
# Love and obey Jesus
Love unifies all the citizens under Jesus.
- It is written, ‘This is how God showed His love among us: He sent His One and Only Son in the world that we might live through Him.’ The King loves His people. 4
- This exceptional love of the Lord Most High for His people makes the difference, ’We love because He first loved us.’ 5
- The greatest command is, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 6
- Love will hold God’s Kingdom together. It is in stark contrast to what we experience in most nations today.
# A special Counsellor
We have one Counsellor, the Holy Spirit who teaches the same basic principles of the Kingdom.
- ‘…the Holy Spirit… will guide you into all truth.’ 7
- One Spirit, one Lord, one God, one Kingdom, one Nation. All God’s people are taught by one very Special Teacher, the Holy Spirit.
# Total freedom to reject God
- God gives all people the opportunity to reject the Kingdom-of-God-citizen-requirements.
- God never forces anybody. So people choose to become citizens of God’s Kingdom and children of God. They choose to be filled with the Holy Spirit and decide to love and respect the Godhead eternally. It is a matter of the will.
- That means God gives all people the opportunity to exercise their free will to love or reject the Lord. Divisive elements are free to choose to align themselves with the opposite kingdom of darkness.
Those who submit to God do not become robots. They remain individuals with their own strong points and gifts, but they will be united in their love for the Lord and will obey and serve Him. No one in God’s Kingdom will ever cause divisions, since it was a free will choice. Led by the Holy Spirit, all God’s people will love and revere Him.
- Matthew 12:25
- Ephesians 1:10
- Ephesians 1:22
- 1 John 4:9
- 1 John 4:19
- Mark 12:30
- John 16:13