In an article in Business Insider SA, ‘Why Namibia is the perfect place to search for alien life on earth,’ 1 Sarah Wild writes:
- ‘…scientists all over the world are hunting for present or past life on Mars, and other planets.’
- ‘Many are looking to extreme environments, such as Namibia’s Namib desert, to see what sort of pressures life can handle.’
- ‘Hypoliths, communities of blue-green bacteria found underneath quartz rocks, could hold the secret to life on other planets….’ 1
Chris McKay, a senior scientist at Nasa’s Ames Exploration Centre in California, is interested in deserts for the same reason. ‘For life, there must be an organism at the base of the food chain, a primary producer. These blue green smudges on the undersides of rocks in hyper-arid deserts are one of those primary producers….’ 1
# The facts are:
- The Bible is clear that God created the primary producers of life on earth on day 3. “Then God said, ‘Let the land produce vegetation: seed bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.’” It includes the hypoliths.
- Till now there has been no evidence that life could have evolved on earth. It is a terrible show stopper for those who believe in Darwinian evolution. The claim is that life evolved, but there is no beginning of this evolved life on earth. There is absolutely no evidence that life began naturally, except if one uses the words, ‘could have, might have, should have’ to replace testable, repeatable science.
- The blue-green bacteria that they put their hope on photosynthesise. That is such a complex chemical reaction that it can never evolve naturally. Besides, why would it evolve in the desert? If one thinks logically, why would bears evolve to live in the Polar regions, or penguins to live in hostile Arctic regions?
# The questions are:
- What scientific advantages are there for society on earth if they would find life on Mars? Answer: none.
- Why is it important to find life on other planets? Answer: it would disprove Genesis 1 and show that life did not need a Creator.
- Why must Genesis 1 be disproved? Answer: it will be a ‘safeguard’ against the Bible’s message that God created man on earth for a purpose (to choose his eternal destination). And that a person will give an account to God for what he or she did while alive.
- Will they find life on other planets (the ‘project’ to find life on other planets is so important to the devil, the ruler of this world, that billions are spent on it)? Answer: No! God is very clear. He created the earth and life on it with a purpose. There is no mention of life on either Mars or any other planet.
- Will they ever stop looking for life on other planets? Answer: No! As long as the Bible and God are around, they must give people the hope that there is life on other planets. That will prove that God is dispensible. So they can live as they please without consequences.
- There is no evidence at all that life on earth evolved. So why would it evolve on other planets?
- The best recourse for believers in Jesus is to put our hope in God who will one day renew this planet and give us an out of this world experience on His new dwelling.
- Sarah Wild, Why Namibia is the perfect place to search for alien life on earth, Business Insider SA