Recently we read about an ice cream in Canada called ‘Sweet Jesus Ice cream.’ 1
- The ’t’ of ‘sweet’ is an inverted cross.
- The ’s’ of Jesus is the sign of an ‘SS style “S” that was popular among Satanic metal bands of the ’70s and ’80s.
# Some of their promotional slogans
- ‘Everyone has a cross to bear. Yours won’t be hunger.’
- ‘Eat like its your Last Supper.’
- ‘Thou shalt not take the Lord’s name in vain, but God Damn that’s delicious.’
- ‘Love is patient, love is kind, but you can’t lickit. So who cares?’
# They are a good advertisement that Jesus is real.
Nobody mocks a non-entity, a fiction or a fable. They do what the Bible says:
- Jesus will be mocked. He was mocked at the Cross, “Then they spat in His face and struck Him with their fists. Others slapped Him and said, ‘Prophecy to us, Christ. Who hit you?’” 2
- Jesus is the Victor over Satan, ‘And having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the Cross.’ 3 Although the evil one is still in control of this world,4 he still smarts over his defeat at the cross. So he will not let go of any opportunity to mock Jesus and ‘spit’ at him.
- There are only two groups of people in this world: filled with the Spirit of God or with the spirit of the world. ‘We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God.…’ 5 We should expect those without the Spirit of God to mock Jesus.
# What the owners of this specific ice cream business reveal:
- They belong to the kingdom of darkness. They don’t have ‘Sweet Muhammed,’ ‘Sweet Krishna’ or ‘Sweet Zeus’ ice cream. No, only ‘Sweet Jesus.’ Why?
- Jesus matters. Jesus is alive and sits at the right hand of the Father. He is the One who bought His Bride on the Cross when He gave His life. None of the other gods did it. The devil hates it that Jesus robs him of his followers that he keeps in bondage.
# The future of the ice cream business owners
We can only pray that they will come to repentance before they leave this world. Otherwise they will have an eternity to chant, ‘Sweet Satan, why did you deceive us? Must we bear this cross eternally [with Satan in the lake of burning sulphur]?’ 6 Satan will not be able to answer them because he himself will be tortured day and night for ever. 7
What does ‘Sweet Jesus ice cream’ teach? Jesus is real. They prove it when they mock Him. It is a wonderful example of how the devil demonstrates what a thorn in his flesh Jesus is. Satan hates Jesus, but we love Him. He is our Saviour, the wonderful, magnificent Messiah of love.
- Google, Sweet Jesus ice cream
- Matthew 26:67
- Colossians 2:15
- 1 John 5:19b
- 1 Corinthians 2:12
- Matthew 25:41
- Revelation 20:10