If there is one thing most people are aware of, it is the big bang. It expanded or exploded and eventually resulted in the earth with lots of life on it. It is supposed to be a true, verified scientific fact. If you question it, you are against science and progress. God’s version of creation is different. We want to discuss some differences and see what real science tells us about it all.
# People scoff at the Bible’s account of origins.
- The New Testament verse, 2 Peter 3:5, sheds light on the creation of the earth, ‘…they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed, and the earth was formed out of water by water.’ God created the earth first in a ‘strange’ watery way out of water and by water.
- Genesis 1:2 supports it, ‘…and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.’
- Is it so strange that our planet was created in water and out of water? There is water wherever you look on the planet: oceans, rivers and clouds. Even the bodies of plants, animals and people contain large percentages of water. And… so far, it seems as if earth is the only planet with such an abundance of water.
# The contrast between the two creation accounts.
- The Bible’s cool watery creation of the earth is in direct contradiction to the ‘science’ of our day that ‘proved’ that it all began in an extremely hot fiery explosion. ‘The earth is formed out of debris around the solar protoplanetary disc. There is no life. Temperatures are extremely hot, with frequent volcanic activity and hellish environments. The atmosphere is nebular. Possible early oceans or bodies of liquid water.’ 1
- God first created the earth and later the sun, moon and stars. That is contrary to the big bang idea of the universe first and later the earth.
- The Bible also tells us that a Person created with a plan and a purpose. ‘By wisdom the Lord laid the earth’s foundations, by understanding He set the heavens in place; by His knowledge the deeps were divided, and the clouds let drop dew.’ 2 The world’s version is that it all happened by chance without intelligence, plan or reason involved.
God says He created the earth out of water and by water. If we look at our planet, we are impressed by the amounts of water on earth and how important it is to maintain life. It might just be that the Bible is not as unscientific as the world outside wants us to believe.
- History of the Earth, Wikipedia
- Proverbs 3:19-20