The world we live in today generally hates God. It promotes material success, to live for yourself, do whatever pleases you and that you can disregard the Bible because it is full of mistakes.
Yet truth and reality as Jesus revealed it, includes the invisible world and life after death. 2 Corinthians 4:18b says, ‘…what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.’ In this blog we want to show that we don’t need to believe the devil’s lies about God and Scripture.
# God has an enemy.
- Most leaders, kings, presidents and prime ministers throughout history had enemies who tried to topple them and foment unrest.
- God’s enemy is the devil, Satan, that ancient serpent that leads people astray with lies about the Bible, God and His eternal Kingdom. 1
# Scripture reveals Satan’s character.
- Cain was the first human being who belonged to the devil. He refused to listen to God, murdered his brother and went out from the presence of God. 2
- ‘Satan rose up against Israel and incited David….’ 3
- ‘For we wanted to come to you – certainly I, Paul, did, again and again – but Satan stopped us.’ 4
- ‘Those who oppose him [the teacher of the truth] he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil [Satan], who has taken them captive to do his will.’ 5
# Satan’s deceptions in the world
- The devil has mounted a massive propaganda offensive to keep people away from the truth and convince them that God is an illusion.
- He promotes other ‘gods’ like aliens and UFO’s, the church of the Jedi, Zen, alternative ‘spiritualities,’ witchcraft, or whatever.
- He presents an alternative creation account to Genesis 1. It is the ‘creation account’ of the world. It explains that all things came from nothing and go to nothing. Therefore there is nothing to live for since there is nothing after death. What a massive lie!
- The devil encourages the activity of atheists and other groups or organisations to hate a God they have never seen.
What we see in the world shows us that there is an invisible spirit who lies about God and Scripture. People on their own cannot keep a war against the unseen God going for ages. The world shows us what the Bible tells us, ‘As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.’ 6 The many ‘strange’ ideologies that people embrace should strengthen our faith that the Lord and His Revelation, the wonderful Bible, is truth.
- Revelation 12:9
- Genesis 4;1-16; 1 John 3:12
- 1 Chronicles 21:1
- 1 Thessalonians 2:18
- 2 Timothy 2:25-26
- Ephesians 2:1-2