They love to tell us that the God of the Bible is as much of a myth as Zeus, Superman and Mickey Mouse. Do those characters have an ancient history book like the Bible that describes their acts over more than a thousand years? Take for example that,
- God created man and animals, but not in the same way. When He created animals, “…God said, ‘Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds….'” 1
- When God created man, ‘…the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life.’ 2
- The difference is obvious. It is only into man that He breathed the breath of life. So man was made completely different from animals. The breath of God gave man a spirit and he became a living soul (mind, emotion and will).
- Do animals have a mind? Not at all. Does the chimp have one, since they are supposedly 99% identical to humans in their genetic make-up? Even children can see the difference as they marvel at why chimps don’t have to go to school, cannot draw pictures, write stories, or create technological marvels.
- The Bible describes an important function of the soul, ‘Love the Lord with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 3 Animals don’t do that, since they have no sense of Almighty God who is to be loved and cherished.
Is our descent from ape-like ancestors a fact?
- If there was any evidence that we evolved from ape-like ancestors, we would not have a mind. Evolution is a material process, so it cannot ‘produce’ a spiritual, invisible, but real thing like the mind. The ‘evolution’ of the mind, an immaterial ‘thing,’ cannot happen according to the idea of evolution.
- How a mind can evolve remains a mystery to evolutionists, unless they want to deny that people have minds. They are welcome to do that, but the dilemma is that a person needs a mind to decide people do not have minds.
- The evolution of man remains a mystery, as all aspects of evolution do.
- An interesting article for the BBC is titled – We still have not found the missing link between us and apes.4 Logically if the link hasn’t been found, then the evolution of man from ape-like creatures is a myth.
If God is like Superman, Mickey and Zeus, is there evidence that they are Spirit and Creator like God?
- The Bible tells us, ‘God is spirit, and His worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth.’ 5
- God’s Word is reliable and trustworthy when it explains how special God created people, ‘Let us make man in our own image, in our likeness.…’ 6
- Genesis 1:24
- Genesis 2:7
- Mark 12:30
- The Human-Ape Missing Link, Evolution News/@DiscoveryCSC, July 18, 2017
- John 4:24
- Genesis 1:26