Greetings our dear Reader,
I trust you are well.
We thought you might like to know a bit more about Islam.
After all, we read and hear a lot about them in the news media. Whether Boko Haram in Africa, or Isis and others, they create havoc. Often we hear that some of these ‘soldiers of Allah’ shout ‘allahu akbar!’ (god is great!) when they commit their atrocities. Yet some people still regard the God of the Bible and Allah as the same monotheistic deity. That is not true. They are diametrically opposed in character, teaching and in their religious books for their followers.
The real issue of Islam has to do with the history of Isaac and Ishmael.
We read it in Genesis 16; 17:9-25; 21:8-21. God promised Abraham a son, but he was married to a barren woman. Sarai, Abraham’s wife, convinced him to ‘help God fulfill His promise’ and have a son by her Egyptian slave woman. In those times it was customary that the father would then adopt the son of the servant woman as his own. So Abraham accepted Ishmael as his son and also circumcised him as God commanded in Genesis 17:9-26.
Abraham’s promised son will come through Sarah.
Twelve years after the Ishmael episode, God reminded Abraham that the son He promised would come through his barren wife, Sarai. God changed her name to Sarah and declared that she will be the mother of nations. Kings of peoples will come from her, Genesis 17:15-18 Despite Sarah’s laughter at this ridiculous promise from God, she had her son, Isaac, within the next year. When they had a feast day to celebrate the weaning of Isaac, Sarah saw Ishmael mocking her little boy. She was livid. One can imagine that Ishmael was jealous, since it was obvious that Isaac was the one promised and sent by God. She told Abraham to get rid of Ishmael, because he would not inherit with her own son.
The Arab-Jew conflict
- Abraham was distressed when Sarah ordered him to get rid of Hagar and Ishmael, but God told him to do as Sarah requested. It was through Isaac that God’s promised Messiah would eventually be born.
- God never rejected Ishmael, but promised to make him a great nation. He was also the offspring of Abraham. Hagar later got a wife for him from Egypt, spurning any young woman who had anything to do with Abraham.
- Hagar was probably livid because of the treatment she got from Sarah. One can imagine how she fostered the spirit of hatred in Ishmael. The Arab (Ismael) – Jew (Isaac) conflict is what we still see today. It does not matter what the Jews do, most Arabs hate them and want them annihilated.
The conflict over the country Israel
There is another reason why the Arabs want to destroy the Jews completely. God promised the country Israel to the descendants of Abraham, eternally (Genesis 17:8). The Jews are the rightful descendants of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob. The followers of Allah (Ismael) think if they can destroy the Jews, it will prove that the Koran is the true version of God’s words and that Allah is the true ‘God.’
God’s promise to Abraham’s descendants is remarkable.
In 70 AD the Romans under Titus completely destroyed Jerusalem, killed thousands of Jews and sold the rest as slaves. Nineteen hundred years later, in 1948, on May 14, the country promised to Abraham around 2,000 BC, was once more declared the independent State of Israel. America very quickly recognized the Jewish State in Palestine. Russia followed suit three days later.
- Yet one day after independence, on May 15, five nations invaded Israel: Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. What did the Jews do to incur this? Nothing! Regardless, the enemies of Israel lost the war.
- The Sinai war was fought in 1956. The enemies lost.
- Then the Six Day War in 1967. The enemies lost.
- The Yom Kippur War was fought in 1973. Again, the enemies lost.
We write to you about Islam because it explains the following:
- Islam’s hatred against Israel has never abated. It stands as a powerful evidence that the Biblical history of Abraham’s two sons is true. However, this conflict of the Arabs against the Jews has an interesting result in the Western World.
- As you probably know there is a war against the Bible, God and the Church in the Western world. People like the Freedom From Religion Foundation and many, many atheist organizations attempt to ‘evict’ God from society with the law. That leaves a spiritual gap or vacuum and guess who is ready to fill it? Islam of course.
- We see this process very well in Europe. Many countries allow unlimited numbers of Muslims to immigrate. The Muslims have an ulterior motive, namely to eventually dominate the countries and declare Shariah law. The peaceful message of the Bible is stopped, and is automatically replaced by a violent one, one that will force people to accept Allah: convert or die. No free will.
- The Arab nations (that are mostly Islamic) are immensely rich and they can financially support the efforts of Muslims in the various countries. England has quite an interesting growth in the number of mosques in the last years.
However, as we see from history, God’s promises always come true. As His promise to Abraham became true, so will His promise in Isaiah 65:17; 66:22; Revelation 21:1 come true. There will be an eternal new heaven and earth where God will live in love and harmony with all the people who made peace with Him through His Son, Jesus. That is the Gospel in the Bible, the Word of God. It is not from the Koran.