Did you get the impression that we believe aliens exist, after our previous blog (Do you know why they don’t find aliens?)? Sorry that we used the wrong choice of words. We meant it as a type of joke. The truth is that after billions of dollars for research for nearly 50 years there is still no proof that aliens exist.
# God clearly tells us in Scripture what does exist.
- ‘God saw all that He had made, and it was very good….’ 1
- ‘Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array. By the seventh day God had finished the work He had been doing; so on the seventh day He rested from all His work.’ 2
# If Genesis doesn’t mention the creation of angels, why will it mention the creation of aliens?
- The logical reason why Genesis1 doesn’t mention the creation of angels is that God is gracious enough to first tell us that He created the natural world around us. He mentions the things we cannot see later.
- There are many references in Scripture about angels, their work and even the rebellion in their ranks. Angels play an important role in God’s Kingdom.
- Contrary to that, Scripture is silent about aliens. It does not even hint that they exist. Scripture never mentions them because there are no aliens.
# God is very clear that the earth is the centre of His attention.
- This is the planet where He will eventually settle to live eternally among His people. ‘And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, ‘Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God.’ 3
- It cannot be much clearer. Look at the repetition, ‘dwelling of God with men,’ ‘He will live with them,’ ‘They will be His people,’ ‘God Himself will be with them and be their God.’
# People and angels serve God.
Later on John wanted to worship one of the angels, but the angel told him, ‘Do not do it! I am a fellow-servant with you and with your brothers the prophets and of all who keep the words of this book. Worship God!’ 4 There is not a word about aliens who are part of God’s worship team or who keep the words of Scripture.
So, no, we don’t think for one moment that there is strange life or aliens on earth-like planets out there!
- Genesis 1:31
- Genesis 2:1-2
- Revelation 21:3
- Revelation 22:9