All over the world, in different degrees, the Bible is anathema (not desirable). Islam hates it and bans all Christian activities. The Western world does its best to introduce laws that will minimise the exposure of the population to the teachings of the Bible.
# Why is that?
No one is forced to believe the Bible. Let’s look at some of the ‘strange’ things in Scripture and ask ourselves: is it reasonable and logical that highly trained intelligent people can make it their life’s goal to destroy, malign and reject the Bible? Take as an example Richard Dawkins who has only contempt for Scripture.
# The ‘strange’ contents of the Bible
- An invisible God created the universe and life on our planet in 6 x 24 hour periods. 1
- An axe head fell into the water and when the prophet threw a stick in the water the axe head floated. 2
- Elisha, a prophet of God, died and was buried. Later a corpse was thrown into his tomb and the man came to life and stood up on his feet. 3
- A person named Jesus prayed and five loaves of bread and two fishes were enough to feed 5,000 people. Twelve baskets of leftovers were gathered after everyone was satisfied. 4
- Jesus called Himself the Son of God, walked on water and calmed a strong wind. 5 He raised the dead 6 and healed the sick. 7 Amazing!
- Jesus told His follower, Peter, when they needed money for the temple tax, to go and catch a fish. In its mouth he would find a coin to pay the tax. 8 How astounding! Fish normally don’t have coins in their mouths.
- Jesus was crucified and declared dead, was buried, and then on the third day He rose from the dead. 9 In His new body He could enter a room through the wall without using the door. He could appear or disappear as He wished. 10 Yet, He had a body of flesh and bones and could still eat. 11
- The Book promises that those who love and obey God, will one day live eternally on the beautiful renewed earth. There will be no death or lack of food, no wars or family squabbles. That future Utopian earth will have no sea, natural catastrophes, tsunamis, droughts, or famines. There will be only peace and happiness in the presence of God. 12
# Is the Bible a fairy tale?
All these miracles make the Bible sound like a fairytale. Does it fall into the category of Hansel and Gretel’s house of sweets, Sleeping Beauty who woke up after a hundred years when the prince kissed her, or spinning gold out of straw? No! Those fairy tales entertain children, but there is a fierce war raging against the ‘fairy tale,’ the Bible.
We have a book that teaches things that moderns scoff at. Yet they fight it tooth and nail. Why? The answer is obvious: the Bible is a supernatural book that testifies about the supernatural creation of a new heaven and earth. The devil missed that one and he is very sore about it. That is why he influences people to hate and resist the Book of all books.
- Genesis 1
- 2 Kings 6:1-7
- 2 Kings 13:20-21
- Mark 6:35-44
- Mark 6:45-51
- Luke 7:11-15
- Matthew 9:1-8
- Matthew 17:24-27
- John 19:38-20:18
- Luke 24:31, 36
- Luke 24:37-43
- Revelation 21:1-4