Many believers get mixed up by the propaganda of the world that evolution, the big bang, et cetera is scientific. There are even theologians and ministers of the Word that teach that the God of the Bible created through the process of evolution over millions of years (theistic evolution). Inevitably it affects one’s faith in the authority of Scripture (if Genesis 1 is not true, why believe the rest of the Bible).
# The authority of Scripture
- God, in His wisdom, gave us only one revelation of Himself – the Bible. It contains everything we need to know about God and His Kingdom. It is the manual for how to live this life and to inherit eternal life.
- There is not one verse in the Bible that gives people the right to change, take away from, or add to God’s Book. On the contrary, ’All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever.’ 1 God’s Word stands, even as people come and go.
# The character of God
- The Bible (the Word of God, or Scripture) reveals the character of God. Scripture is very clear that the God of the Bible is the Creator of the heavens and the earth in six twenty-four hour days. 2
- To change the omnipotent Creator God into an onlooking ‘God’ who trusted that all He planned would evolve randomly and naturally over billions of years, is a direct assault on the character of God.
# Some logical thinking
Scripture is not a book that is forced upon a person. One is free to accept or reject it, take it or leave it. If theistic evolutionists are not happy with the Bible and its account of the six-day-creation-God, there is no pressure on them to remain in the Christian camp. Even Jesus did not call back the disciples who left Him. 3
The devil, who leads the whole world astray, was originally in God’s employ. 4 He knows all about God and His plans. He knows the authority of the Word of God. That is the reason why he influences some theologians and preachers to chop and change the Bible. It is always better to trust Scripture in stead of man’s fallible opinion.
- 1 Peter 1:24-25, quoted from Isaiah 40:6-8
- Genesis 1, Exodus 20:11
- John 6:60-67
- Revelation 12:9