Charles Darwin wrote a book which supposedly proves that life evolved naturally without any assistance from God. It was the effort of a man, who lost his faith in God, to discredit Genesis 1. Later the idea of the Big Bang, the Solar Nebula hypothesis and others were added to supplement the evolutionary idea. Today, most people believe evolution is fact. It is modern man’s creation account.
# Why is it so important to prove that everything evolved and that Genesis 1 is wrong?
- Genesis 1 shouts out one loud message: we live in God’s creation. For rebellious man, it is of the utmost importance to prove Genesis 1 wrong. That explains the tremendous effort to promote evolution.
- Genesis 1 is God’s credentials as the Ruler and King of the Universe. He will establish the Kingdom of God, since He has the right. to do so. If God did not prove by creation that He is the Ruler, He has no right to command people or interfere in history.
- As Ruler, God will judge all people. If Genesis 1 is not true, God has no authority to judge.
# For believers in Jesus, Genesis 1 means:
- There is a specific God. Throughout the Bible He is described as the Creator of all things. 1 That excludes any evolutionary deity or other god. The devil loves to confuse people with many gods and deities.
- The Bible stands or falls with Genesis 1. If Genesis 1 is not true, then the rest of Scripture is not true. Why would Jesus be true if Genesis 1 is not?
- Miracles are supposed to be impossible. Genesis 1 is a miracle, so the miracles in the Bible are no big deal for God or Jesus. Because Genesis 1 declares the miraculous work of Almighty God, we do not need to defend miracles to unbelievers.
- Scripture tells us that Jesus is the Creator. 2 Jesus sustains all things by His powerful word. 3 Without Jesus in command, there will be nothing. There could be nothing, since He created and He sustains. Yet, here we are, firmly in Jesus’ bosom.
There is a tremendous effort from evolutionists, ‘theologians’ and others to disprove Genesis 1. However, it is nothing strange in our times. It comes from thousands of years ago when God warned of the battle against Him, ‘Why do the nations conspire and the peoples plot together. The kings of the earth take their stand, and the rulers gather together against the Lord and against His Anointed One.’ 4
- Nehemiah 9:6; Psalm 146:5-6; Revelation 10:6
- John 1:3; Colossians 1:16; Hebrews 1:3
- Hebrews 1:3
- Psalm 2:1-2