‘How do we know there is a God?’ is a vexing question that remains. At a time they advertised on the London busses, ’Enjoy life, there is probably no God.’ That is the question: Is there a God, and if so, what proofs are there?
# ’Is there a God?’
The first verse in the Bible is a clincher, ‘In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.’ 1 That caused a flurry of activity among the God deniers. Those who refuse to believe the Bible cling to the hope that the Big Bang and the subsequent evolving universe is true.
# ’Is evolution true?’
The question whether evolution is true or not, can be answered very easily. Can evolution disprove Genesis 1:1 (if everything evolved, God was not necessary). Evolution claims it is true, because it is science.
# What is science?
Operational science is testable, observable and repeatable (that means repeated experiments). We live in a modern world. Science is indispensable. It leads to patents, inventions and applications. The meticulous research of scientists is of great value. So the issue is: is the claim of evolutionists that their idea is science, really true? 2
# ’Does science support evolution?’
No! Believers in evolution will howl and become desperate about the ‘ignorance’ of evolution deniers. Yet the challenge remains, present scientific proof that evolution is true. Where are the scientific experiments that prove the following:
- The Big Bang, Dark Matter, Dark Energy, Inflation and the Multiverse. Remember that computer simulations and ‘speculations, or ‘just so stories’ are not science.
- The Solar Nebula Hypothesis is the idea that a swirling cloud of gas gave rise to our solar system, including the finely designed earth.
- The origin of life. Without scientific proof that life started naturally without a Creator, life on earth is impossible. Yet life thrives all around us.
- The origin of body plans for fish, birds, plants, trees, et cetera. Animals don’t just ‘evolve.’ Like electric eels, every kind of organism has complex, designed features.
- The origin of man. Imaginative stories about ape-like creatures, primitive man, fully man, evolution of the mind and speech are not scientific facts that can be tested.
Furthermore, if evolution is science, why don’t they show us how necessary evolution is for society? Demonstrate how civilisation will suffer without the idea of evolution?
Genesis 1 stands like a rock. It has not been disproved. In our next blog we will discuss the fact that the origin issue will always remain a mystery, since it was the work of God’s hand. Science will never probe any origin issue.
- Genesis 1:1
- Richard Dawkins, The Greatest Show on Earth, Bantam Press, 2009, p 9,10, 17,18