The search for aliens continues unabated. Billions are spent to try and detect life in outer space. The implicit reason behind SETI (Search for Extra-terrestrial Intelligence) is to disprove Genesis 1. If they find life on another planet it will prove that evolution happened there. That will nullify the creation account of the Bible, and ‘get rid’ of the Creator God.
# What are the chances of finding alien life?
According to the Bible, it is zero. The present heaven and earth will only last for a limited time. Then it will be destroyed by fire and God will create a new heaven and earth. If God is fair, there are certain aspects that He has to give attention to. Otherwise God is not a just God.
# Aliens need the opportunity to choose eternal life.
They should hear about God and His eternal Kingdom, either through nature or Scripture.1 Nobody can appear before the Judgment Seat of God if he/she didn’t have the opportunity to escape eternity in the pool of fire. 2 That means somebody must go to tell them about it.
# Earth problems
- Where do aliens live?
- Who will go to spread the message?
- How long will it take to get there?
- Do we have the technology to send people billions of kilometres into outer space?
- Will the aliens understand our languages?
# Alien problems
- God’s eternal Kingdom will be on the new earth. The New Jerusalem will be here.
- The ‘saved’ aliens will have to move to earth. How many will there be?
- Will they have the technology, or will God ‘transport’ them at the speed of light or faster?
- They will need resurrected bodies for the conditions in eternal life.
- Were they made in God’s image? Do they have flesh and bone bodies, and spirits?
# Life on other planets is unlikely.
Taking into account the above, and the Bible’s silence about other living beings made in God’s image, as well as the failure to detect any alien life, we predict that it is highly unlikely (around 100%) that there is life on other planets. If the researchers with all the technology, money and resources, couldn’t yet prove the beginning of life, why would it happen on other planets? Despite that, the news media love to publish articles about ‘possible life.’
NASA’s search for ETI is not necessary. Scripture tells us there is an ETI whose throne is in heaven. He is going to move His throne to earth eventually. His city will be one of unimaginable wealth and splendour, something that only ‘advanced’ aliens can build. The God of the Bible is the Extra-terrestrial Intelligence that the world is so eager to find.
- Romans 1:18-20
- Colossians 1:13