Richard Dawkins claims that the Bible is about myths (we must say, ‘what wonderful myths!’). He continually attacks the God of the Bible and equates Him with Zeus and Jupiter. Yet none of the mythological gods have a sound, logical purpose and plan. The God of the Bible has, and He gave it to us in His Book.
The plan is clearly laid out in the beginning and end of the Bible.
- In the beginning, in Genesis 1 and 2, there is bliss, happiness and a wonderful relationship between God and man. God came to visit in the Garden and they saw and spoke to Him face to face. 1
- The Bible ends with an astonishing scene in Revelation 21 & 22:
- A new heaven and earth, peace and no longer any death, pain, evil, or curse. 2
- No evidence of the devil, his angels and his followers. They have been thrown into the lake of burning sulphur. 3 Peace reigns supreme on the new earth.
- The loyal, faithful followers of Jesus see God’s face all the time. 4
What has it to do with us?
Human history is about the intrusion of the enemy of God, the devil, and his evil reign. Under his leadership we see anything but peace and happiness. There is death, destruction, wars, tears, pain and killings, hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes and other natural disasters.
The largest part of the Bible describes the prevalence of sin, but the prophecy in Genesis 3:15 becomes real: the seed of the woman [Jesus] crushed the head of the serpent [Satan], so that those who are willing can become part of the Kingdom of God.
This life of evil, death and destruction will be replaced by the eternal reign of peace with God as the Father and Ruler. On the cross Jesus broke the power the devil had over humans. Though the enemy still reigns, eventually Jesus ends it all when He opens the Scroll with the seven seals. 5 Jesus eventually ends the reign of evil and God’s Kingdom is firmly established in the new earth. 6
Richard Dawkins’ part in this age is to present the agenda of the devil to people. The devil does not want anybody in the Revelation 21-22 scene.
What is the moral of the story?
The Bible is a logical book with clear details about how God is going to establish His eternal Kingdom. Nobody will stop him, least of all the devil, who eventually loses all his influence and spends eternity in torture.
- Genesis 3:8-9
- Revelation 21:4
- Revelation 20:10
- Revelation 22:4
- Revelation 5:1-10
- Revelation 11:15