If Scripture is supernaturally inspired, we should see how it works out in every day life. In this blog we want to look at two principles in Scripture. They are happening right in front of our eyes here in South Africa and prove that the Bible is reliable.
Romans 2:1 says, ‘You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.’
- It is absolutely fascinating to see how true those words are in every day life. What you accuse others of, you do yourself. A good example is apartheid and the present ANC government who do the same things. They accused the old National Party (the apartheid regime) of bad primary, secondary and tertiary education, insufficient health care, job reservations, bad local governance, corruption, et cetera.
- After 20 years in government, they do exactly the same things. The levels of corruption are staggering. The privileged black elite send their children to private schools or schools with mainly white teachers, because the quality of education in the townships is very low. The health system is a mess. Most of the local municipal governments are bankrupt and dysfunctional. Unemployment is at record levels. Financial disasters are common.1 The South African Airways are continually on the verge of bankruptcy, as well as the national electricity supplier, Eskom. It has to use load shedding that costs the country billions. What happened to the promises of the ANC? It’s a matter of ‘what you accuse others of, you do yourself.’
Another aspect is the curse of God on countries that do not bless Israel, ‘I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse those who curse you.’ 2
- In a particular incident, the South African minister of higher eduction, the Communist Blade Nzimande, was denied entrance into Israel. He was furious, but he represents a big group of the ANC and Communists who hate Israel (which is not surprising, since they hate God).
- Mr Nzimande actively promoted the severing of links between the University of Johannesburg and Ben Gurion University in Beersheva. Ben Gurion is a leader in finding solutions to agriculture under harsh conditions. When the relationship was severed, Israel was helping South Africa with infrastructure projects and finding solutions to food security. 3
- What will be the result of this enmity against Israel? We will not be blessed by God. That is very apparent in South Africa that has become a country of walls and wires (safety walls and electric fences to protect citizens against criminals).
What is happening in South Africa is the result of transgressing God’s eternal principles, what you accuse others of, you do yourself, and those who curse Israel bring curses on themselves.
- STANDARD & POOR LOWERS SOUTH AFRICA’S CREDIT RATING“The downgrade reflects our expectation of lackluster GDP growth in South Africa, against a backdrop of relatively high current account deficits, rising general government debt, and the potential volatility and cost of external financing, the ratings services said in a statement. CNBCAFRICA.COM, 12 February 2015
- Genesis 12:3
- Ben Levitas, Pretoria News, April 28, 2015.