Richard Dawkins’ hero is Charles Darwin. In his eyes Darwin is brilliant and almost a god: ’Darwin made it possible to be an intellectually fulfilled atheist.’ 1 Darwin is supposed to have proven that evolution is true. That will nullify the six days creation account in Genesis 1 in the Bible and prove that there is no Creator God.
One can imagine that Dawkins studied Darwin’s book, ‘On the Origin of Species,’ in the minutest detail. Combined with the advantages of modern science, he should be able to vastly improve on Darwin’s book and give evidence to prove that evolution is true. In ‘The Greatest Show on Earth’ he set out his arguments why there is no God. Since evolution does not lead to any technological innovations, one assumes he uses it to comfort himself about eternal life, and naturally to evangelise for hell. 2,3
Is Richard Dawkins an honest man? Should not a scientist in our modern world refrain from telling untruths to sell an idea? If he writes, ‘Evolution is a fact in the same sense as it is a fact that Paris is in the Northern Hemisphere,’ does he prove it? 4
In his book he discusses the various breeds of dogs (all descendants of wolves). He writes,
- ‘…the differences between breeds so dramatic – that you might expect their evolution to take millions of years instead of just a matter of centuries. If so much evolutionary change can be achieved in just a few centuries or even decades, just think what might be achieved in ten or a hundred million years.’ 5
- ‘The difference between any two breeds of dog gives us a rough idea of the quantity of evolutionary change that can be achieved in less that a millennium.’ 6
He, as well as any thinking person, knows that Darwinian evolution is not about small scale differences among dog breeds. Different dog breeds are the result of selective breeding by humans, not a natural process. Dawkins tells us that the selective breeding of dogs can be extrapolated into the past to account for all living things on earth, by the process of natural selection.
Yet not one dog breeding experiment has ever proven that Darwinian evolution is true. The dogs remained dogs. No new kinds, like bears or anything else, evolved. That is common knowledge (at least it should be for Dawkins as a trained biologist). A new book by Wolf-Ekkehard Lönnig gives all the data. 7 He writes, ‘…the incredible variety of dog breeds, going back in origin several thousand years ago but especially in the last few centuries, represents no increase in information but rather a decrease or loss of function on the genetic and anatomical levels.’ 8
With a loss of genetic information, there can be no ‘progress’ that leads to other, higher kinds of animals. All the genetic problems in the different breeds of dogs supports loss of genetic information. So different dog breeds are not a proof of ‘improvement’ through supposed ‘evolutionary processes.’
The question is whether Richard Dawkins is an honest man? Citing dog breeds as proof of evolution is not honest, because it is a lie. He, as a scientist, should be aware of it. It is obvious that as a committed atheist, his word cannot be trusted. He is into evangelisation for hell, not heaven. He proves how correct the devil’s first question to Eve was: ‘Did God really say…?’ 9 Dawkins questions the creation account in Genesis 1, but his lies prove that there is more to Genesis 1 than meets the eye.
- Richard Dawkins, The Blind Watchmaker, WW Norton & Company, 1996, 1987, 1986, p 6
- Ibid, The Greatest Show on Earth, The Evidence for Evolution, Bantam Press, 2009
- Ibid, The God Delusion, Bantam Press, 2006
- Ref 2, p 10
- Ref 2, p 37
- Ref 2, p 81
- Wolf-Ekkehard Lönnig, Unser Haushund: Eine Spitzmaus im Wolfspelz? (English translation, Our Domestic Dog: A Shrew in Wolf’s Clothing), Monsensteiun and Vannerdat, 2014, cited by Evolution News and Views, The Dog Delusion, 11/3/2014
- Ref 2, p 117-131
- Genesis 3:1