The purpose of this blog is to show that the Bible does not support human evolution. It is clear from Jesus’ words, ‘…at the beginning the Creator made them male and female,’ that humans did not evolve.1 Despite that, there are still ‘Christians’ who think we evolved from ape-like ancestors. Please note there is scientifically no evidence for human evolution. 2
God created (Jesus is also the Creator), 3 the first man and woman in His image, ‘Let us make man in our image.’ 4 The Bible teaches:
- The Trinity decided beforehand that Jesus would come to earth, ‘He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed at these last times for your sake.’ 5
- Jesus, the Saviour, appeared as a human being on earth, ‘…made in human likeness.’ 6
- The resurrected Jesus still had His human form. He ascended, and is today at the right hand of the Father, still in human form.
- We will be like Jesus once we are resurrected, ‘And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven.’ 7
- From beginning to end, only the human form is important. It is miraculous that we, humans, were made in the image of Jesus. He became like us, lives like us in heaven, and one day will reign on the new earth still looking like a human.
- Since the human form is ‘fixed,’ it excludes all biological evolution from ape-like ancestors.
- It is one of the devil’s strategies to convince people they are made in the image of an ape, not in God’s image.8 The aim is to deny the specialness of humans, and to break the link between Jesus and humans.
What do we learn? To believe that humans descended from apes is to insult the Trinity, since they decided to make humans in their image. It is playing with fire to doubt God’s Word and to imply that God does not have the intelligence and power to design what they decided on – humans in His image.
Scripture is absolutely correct that people are made in the image of God, and not in the image of an animal.
- Matthew 19:4
- A Gauger, D Axe, C Luskin, Science and Human Origins, Discovery Institute Press, 2012
- John 1:3, Hebrews 1:2; Colossians 1:16
- Genesis 1:26-27
- 1 Peter 1:18-20. See also 2 Timothy 1:10
- Philippians 2:7
- 1 Corinthians 15:49
- WJ Smith, The War on Humans, Discovery Institute Press, 2014