Aspiring atheists regard themselves as rational, logical, intelligent and smart. They are great at bashing the Bible to soothe their consciences. Here are 5 tips on how to do it. They are straight from the mouth of one who once looked for the same loopholes in order to escape the saving hand of the Lord. Fortunately, he discovered the truth.
- Keep to generalities. Never identify the Bible and its history directly. Just make vague references to ‘religion.’ That immediately conveys the idea that the Bible is like all the other religions: each one has its own unique variation, but basically they are the same. This tip is one of the ‘signs’ of rational, logical, intelligent people who deny the Bible. They do not dare to face the possibility that there might be eternal life and they will have to give an account to God of their lives on earth. So they classify all ‘religions’ under one umbrella and claim that they are all false because they all evolved.
- Tell people the Bible wants you to stone your rebellious children. That is sure to get them very excited and against the Bible. P.S. Never tell them that you have to distort Scripture in the worse way possible to come to that conclusion. Just scare people so that they believe they must trash the Bible.
- Never agree that the Biblical history of Israel was written down by reliable eyewitnesses. Instead agree with Richard Dawkins that God’s Book was written by unknown people in unknown deserts. Society must understand the Bible is myth, and there is no connection between the history of the Bible and Israel. That connection is dangerous information, bound to make you doubt the atheistic-God connection. Israel today undergoes persecution (just like the Bible and its followers) because of the connection to God.
- Never discuss the history of Israel’s neighbours in Bible times. The Assyrians, Babylonians, Medo-Persians, Greeks and Romans all feature in the Bible. There is enough evidence of these ancient civilisations in museums and archaeological diggings. However, when it is mentioned in the Bible, remember it is ‘myth.’ Outside the Bible it is fact, but inside the Bible it is fairy tales.
- Insinuate that ‘religion’ is against ‘science.’ This is a winner, but in this context ‘science’ does not mean real, operational science, but evolution. It is a scare tactic that works beautifully on Bible believers. They back off, because they think they are opposing the ‘science’ that gave us electricity, computers, cellphones, modern medicine, et cetera. Don’t mention that to believe evolution, one has to become an operational science denier, since real science gives no evidence that evolution is true. Nevertheless people buy the lie.
When you analyse the arguments of atheists, these tips are recurring themes. It gets boring after a while, but they still catch the unwary. We live in the midst of a concentrated assault on the truth of the Bible. So the advice in 1 Peter 5:8 is excellent, ‘Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.’ This verse should be diligently applied by people who have the hope of eternal life with God, based on their belief in the Bible.